Winter Project #1: 1994 Specialized S-Works FSR

Thias":10fzfd6w said:
The link under the dampener is mounted up side down!

94FSRShock.JPG

Ha! Amazing. Good catch. Lets try that mock up again and see how the fit is :)

Re:

Looking sweet! If you decide to go with a different stem by any chance I think I know someone who collects them =)

Re:

That's more like it. No real change to the fit.

The rear shock is soft. It holds over 250lbs of air pressure with no leaks. Not sure if the previous owner forgot to fill it or used something with the viscosity of baby oil.

On the plus side. Pivots and what not look good :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 880
Fantastic looking machine, always wanted one if these after watching JMC in Dirt!!
Supposed to ride sweet! Problem is they are getting very rare now and thus hard to pick one up.

Re:

They are pretty tricky to find. I've never seen a S-Works FSR in the steel ... Only in magazines BITD and online. I did test out a stumpy fsr way back in 1995 ... Twas too heavy and to much change for me so I opted for the stumpy fs. 1994-5 are pretty years for specialized ... Very nice colours.

Re:

If it were mine I would look to get the rear swing arm powder coated in the lovely dark grey - SWEET!
Again, about the rarity of these machines - I also have never seen one on the trail in 23 years of riding :shock:

Definitely going to do that flat dark grey for the rear tri, May do a few other matching parts as well.

On the topic of the rear triangle. I have it off. Has anyone taken one of these apart? Are those fittings just in front of the rear drop outs pressed? If you got them out ... how'd you do it? I don't want to damage anything.

jimi911":2tt2rjra said:
On the topic of the rear triangle. I have it off. Has anyone taken one of these apart? Are those fittings just in front of the rear drop outs pressed? If you got them out ... how'd you do it? I don't want to damage anything.

I rebuilt mine not too long ago. If you're talking about the top hat bushing, I don't think it can be removed without destroying it. Or at least I couldn't find a way. If you don't have the rebuild kit, I wouldn't even attempt to remove it.

I have just taken possession of one of these, looking forward to building it up at some point :cool:

Back