Wicked cyclery Prince Albert info

Looks quite similar to the older 1993 ish dean cable lay out. Bullet stays but older pre colonel cable layout rather than the side saddle top tube routing. It desperately needs a shorter stem and regular seat post. Not a fan of the suspension post. Rear hub has some play, I'll have to remember to hide all the tools and bits I'll need to work on it next time I'm down. Screenshot_20240224-170548_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Lol rear light is already gone.

It's got a 27.0 seat post in it now, might try a 27.2 next time I'm down. Will certainly bring down a suitcase full of parts and tools. Only tools I had available was a set of standard Allen keys and a tape measure...

I'll need a fork with an 8.25" steerer. Just in case I forget. Either 9 speed shifters or replacement grips for the yellow sachs shifters, an 8 speed cassette and cables. Rings for the RF cranks (110 bcd) and a shorter stem. Will probably just plop in a pair of XT v brakes up front.

The rear wheel is quite nice 517 paired with a loud silver Machinetech hub. There is some side to side play, so I'll likely have to bring down a spare wheelset just in case things go sideways with the rebuild. Haven't taken apart a Machinetech before. The play is in the main hub, freewheel seams stable, guessing a drive side bearing.

Last edited:
Back