Why do you want to pay someone for old tat.

If you put the effort in, you can find cheaper.
Totally.
I was looking at ebay completed listings the other day, seeing what Hope kit is going for currently, as I've still got a load of old and new Hope stuff, and am saving for an Ebike. Converting my surplus into something new.
PLENTY of bits going at cheap prices. That said, plenty going at high prices, but its always a case.
I see people listing bin prices that are a steal, and admittedly they go pretty quick, usually within minutes of listing, and thats a strategy I used when initially building my collection.
I'd sit with an ebay page open, at whatever i was looking for. Filtered to Buy it now, and whatever title, so Hope just Hope, or Shimano XT just that and so on at about the hours most seem to list, and hit refresh every couple of minutes.
You need to be on the ball as you're making a buy decision within seconds of something listing, scanning the description, scanning the pictures and be prepared to hit buy before a minute has passed.

Some bargains that popped up and i got.
Pair of Pro2 hope hoops - £40+ £8 postage. New set of Sram X9 cranks 2x10-£65 inc postage, New 10 speed XO rear mech-£60 inc postage.. you just have to be confident in your eyes and keen to be willing to take the time to sit there.

Trouble is though, that it's difficult to come up with all the possible permutations that bad spellers can use 🤣

Trouble is though, that it's difficult to come up with all the possible permutations that bad spellers can use 🤣

....in that respect, you can learn a lot from local Gumtree kind-of-thing. I think it must be the center
of excellence for bad listings, blurry photos and lazy sellers. Usually the buyer needs to put all the effort in,
but you can find real bargains. During these Covid bike shortage times, stuff is shifting quick though.

What you whant is to buy a Klein, or some pault components for little money. Yes of course. And NOS better. Klein gator fade frame fork and stem for 500 pounds because it is old .

Why don´t you go for a Saracen or other cheaper brand ... . And why don´t you go for a Ritchey stem instead a MC1 ... that will cost a fraction.

If you don´t like prices, don´t buy it. Simple as that or try to find the ones that match your pocket. The will realize that the price is out of range and will go down. Offer and demand as they have told you.

Last edited:
Back