Why do the Germans have the most expensive bikes & parts ?

Thank you Mr. Sbike, those two do look weird enough to be genuinely BMW, especially the front sprung yoke to the forks. I recently rode a MTB with just the rear spring like those bikes, and it was a very "bouncy" ride, too bouncy to be useful. Perhaps that's what the front spring is for?

I do see "badged" bikes from Japan over here, but always assumed they are sino-copies... "Land Rover" is a popular target. "Jaguar" another.

Hi there,

I have heard and seen that it's NOT the Germans who have the most expensive parts, bikes but the SWISS in Switzerland!

dyna-ti":37g7um6l said:
Found this. (description word for word ;) )

" BMW – a Whyte PRST-1 mixed with a Cannondale Headshok. And sold on through ASDA. "

" BMW (again) – folded up and ready to put into a skip. "

:LOL: :LOL:

https://www.merlincycles.com/blog/when- ... es-u-g-ly/

Agreed. It's no secret I love their M Cars but their bikes are absolute pants, fugly & designs look bonkers. I took a few for a spin at my main dealer. The handling is aweful. How can they be so blind ? The Italians always make things look good at least, they just bugger up the electronics and reliability :LOL: You can't beat a Swiss analog watch IMO but again everything else they do apart from cheese and chocolate is a bit iffy.

Sweeping statements me :LOL: Not digging the fake thruppenies on the mullet girl above either....sorry..I like to see a little natural 'sag' in the suspension ;)

Back