Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Green

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

technodup":pi0dmzzw said:
Harryburgundy":pi0dmzzw said:
Live and let live by your narrow and anachronistic male perspective isn't it?
You seem to have a right hard on for this family rape stuff. Rape is rape. There are laws which cover rape. Likewise domestic violence, FGM etc. I'm not suggesting it isn't potentially more difficult for someone to report a family member but the processes are there.

Where I don't believe government has any place is in taking over certain responsibilities from parents, for example the named person scheme in Scotland. Or taking children out of school on holiday. Or school meals, or any number of other aspects they meddle in where it should be for parents to decide.

Back peddling. Do I need to quote you?

Re:

Weave me a yoghurt, I'll be back for breakfast (organic vegan free range... obvs)

I've actually got some on the go right now; no, really, I've got one of these:

3440_1

Re:

Loathed as I am to mix it up, I have been campaigning for Labour.

A recent conversation with Ken Loach led me to believe more in Corbyn and what he represents. I had lost touch somewhat with my inner angry young man.

If Loach, confortable and in advanced years, can still find the fire in his belly, I surely must be able to.

'Mon the Corbyn!

torqueless":288d4xih said:
Apologies if this has been linked to before. If not, it should have been. An impartial and effective tool which clarifies the whole 'left' and 'right' thing by adding another dimension:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

is it bollocks impartial and effective, it's very heavily skewed by the test-creator's own opinions and (sometimes mistaken) beliefs about those who he considers to be the extremes in his two chosen axis.

The questions themselves reflect the author's own liberal (in the literal sense) ideology, so you get weird crap like controlling inflation and controlling unemployment being contradictory goals.

The result is it gives really weird results. It calls me libertarian-left, less authoritarian than Ghandi. I'm an unapologetic, extremely hardline Communist, so I think that test went wrong somewhere.

Ideologies really don't go on spectrums. They're philosophical schools, they develop and branch off from one another instead, with very different values and moralities emerging. You can't plot this on a scale of authoritarianism because everyone has a different idea of what it means to be authoritarian in the first place.

Bats":2an2wia3 said:
torqueless":2an2wia3 said:
Apologies if this has been linked to before. If not, it should have been. An impartial and effective tool which clarifies the whole 'left' and 'right' thing by adding another dimension:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/
is it bollocks impartial and effective, it's very heavily skewed by the test-creator's own opinions and (sometimes mistaken) beliefs about those who he considers to be the extremes in his two chosen axis.
Bloody hell, we agree on something.

Re:

Labour could do it with a joint enterprise.

Getting the Tories out is what should be priority.

Defining the result by declaring there will be no collaborations is daft, as I have said before..

highlandsflyer":3es1mwfu said:
Labour could do it with a joint enterprise.

Getting the Tories out is what should be priority.

Defining the result by declaring there will be no collaborations is daft, as I have said before..

The tories successfully screwed miliband by linking him to an SNP coalition so why would anyone give them the ammo this time? Deals can be done later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back