Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Green

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I've read Wilhelm Reich's,The Mass Psychology Of Fascism - and Eysenck - interesting. Has the poster read any of the primary works ? Love, work and knowledge are the well-springs of our life. They should also govern it (Reich, 1969).

The compass is interesting, but the result/insight is ultimately limited by how the questions are framed.

Rk.

Re:

Weave me a yoghurt, I'll be back for breakfast (organic vegan free range... obvs)

G

Attachments

• 20170516_185243.png
    20170516_185243.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 330
Re: Re:

torqueless":2adupy9x said:
I wonder where other contributors to this thread would place within this scheme?
I'll not bother doing it seeing as the very first question is wildy skewed. What are transnational corporations if not groups of humans, staff, shareholders and customers? The question is bullshit.

I have done many before and the result is always the same, socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I couldn't give a **** about drugs, abortion, gay marriage or any of the other social policies you might expect a 'right wing nutjob' to be against. Live and let live.

But when it comes to money you can be sure I am strongly in favour of low taxes, low spending and low borrowing. I don't have an ideology which prefers public v private ownership either. The best outcome is what matters, not how you get there. I don't understand why Nuffield or Bupa can't do operations and make money at the same time if it's still cheaper than the NHS. Nor why you'd raise a tax if it's clear it won't actually raise the take.

These are positions I think Labour get it wrong every time.

And especially today.

Re:

Live and let live is admirable and something we would all agree with I hope

But you have stated previously that the big bad government has no place interfering in family life.

Family rape, coercive control, marital violence from either sex? FGM?

Live and let live by your narrow and anachronistic male perspective isn't it?

technodup":357tux8t said:
torqueless":357tux8t said:
I wonder where other contributors to this thread would place within this scheme?
I'll not bother doing it seeing as the very first question is wildy skewed. What are transnational corporations if not groups of humans, staff, shareholders and customers? The question is bullshit.

I have done many before and the result is always the same, socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I couldn't give a f**k about drugs, abortion, gay marriage or any of the other social policies you might expect a 'right wing nutjob' to be against. Live and let live.

But when it comes to money you can be sure I am strongly in favour of low taxes, low spending and low borrowing. I don't have an ideology which prefers public v private ownership either. The best outcome is what matters, not how you get there. I don't understand why Nuffield or Bupa can't do operations and make money at the same time if it's still cheaper than the NHS. Nor why you'd raise a tax if it's clear it won't actually raise the take.

These are positions I think Labour get it wrong every time.

And especially today.
I've done it for you...........

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 316
Re:

The compass is interesting, but the result/insight is ultimately limited by how the questions are framed.
It's funny you should say that roadking-I usually draw the same conclusion from asking you a question :) ..Yes it is a questionnaire- a box-ticking exercise with no room for nuance.
If I am 'the poster' then no.. I haven't read the W. Reich book. I am aware of it.
Technodup does seem to yearn for a 'strong' 'charismatic' leader.. I get extremely worried when popular discourse starts talking in such terms..

Harryburgundy":fijflum7 said:
Live and let live by your narrow and anachronistic male perspective isn't it?
You seem to have a right hard on for this family rape stuff. Rape is rape. There are laws which cover rape. Likewise domestic violence, FGM etc. I'm not suggesting it isn't potentially more difficult for someone to report a family member but the processes are there.

Where I don't believe government has any place is in taking over certain responsibilities from parents, for example the named person scheme in Scotland. Or taking children out of school on holiday. Or school meals, or any number of other aspects they meddle in where it should be for parents to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back