Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am almost done, i hope

• I do not have the funds to finish

• I have a long long long way to go,..

• Total voters
A very apt thread to announce my retirement, still love it here, but must admit to being finished

Sold my trusty M2, got a newer M5 up for sale and selling off a few bits.
Just keeping some spares that are so expensive now like an XTR Cassette,Shifters, Mech and Brakes

Got a garage queen (hanging from the spare room ceiling actually) my back to new 93 Team Issue Marin and a 93 Merlin Mountain for everyday use

Not boredom, but I suffer from a condition known as Cluster Headaches which come in surprise,surprise Clusters.
Decided that during the periods I am left pain free that I want to get out and about to enjoy actually riding the bike.
Admittedly part of the decision is financial, my daughter has been offered a place at the LSE, so that ain't going to be cheap

Not going anywhere,been here since 2005 and it is without doubt my all time favourite website
The frame and parts buying/selling has almost stopped and no more projects being considered
To be honest haven't really got anything left undone,not seen anything I desire in preference to the Merlin and hoping to wheel the Marin out at the Dutch Oldie World Championships later this year

Going to enjoy seeing all the great builds that continue to surprise me on here and really do think the qualty has got even higher every year.
If I can offer any advice, assistance or help out with a spare part I will, but think that's me done, so keep up the good work

Cheers
Rich

Don't think I'll ever be done! There always appears to be something I see on this forum, that I think I'd like. Either because it jogs some memory from my teenage years, or I just think yeah I'd like one of those.

That combined with the modern bikes I like, means I'll never be finished!

My only limiting factors are space and money!

I always had a dream about owning the bikes I loved as a kid and I'm not doing too bad:

Fat Ti - check
Bradbury Manitou - check
Yeti Ultimate - check
Salsa La Raza - check
Turner Burner - check
Roberts WS - check
Pace RC100 - check

what else do I need? A merlin newsboy, a Sachs cyclocross, my old Bonty and then I'm done...for now.....

Well i thought i was done but the wife has now decided singlespeeding is kack and wants some gears.......Women :roll:

So it looks like i'll be looking for some parts now :LOL:

Back