Which retro Carbon DH frame to go for?

Mofofo":fbqmjn36 said:
Take This LTS !

I was first dibbing on, but I found another one cheaper on the forum.

This one a the cleanest I've ever seen for sale, and it have a rare and expensive Ti spring on its shock !

But please remember that early LTS are fragile, OK for XC, but forget to do DH with it..

A reasonable price for the LTS would be?

It's so difficult to find a LTS or a Lobo thermoplastic, that the price depends on purchasing power of the buyer !

You can easily find a nice and complete STS-1, STS-2, STS-DS or STS-DH for around 500-800 €.

But for a LTS thermoplastic (the one with Ti linkage) or a STS Lobo, this is the same range price, but for frame only !

I have a soft spot for those thermoplastic GT frames so was slowly drooling over the first pics. However, the Giant is surprisingly nice. I originally gave up MTBing from 1994-2000 so I've not seen one before. Without the garish yellow (and fender.....), it looks like they can be built up to look pretty cool:

Baz-MCM990.jpg

Thanks for the comments (so far)

One prob with the Giant is it requires a Top-pull braze-on front mech, and I haven't seen too many of those around...

I might be interested in the LTS if you dont have it I'd love the details and contact info... might need a new project shortly. PM me if you go for the Giant and the LTS is still available.

Back