Which retro Carbon DH frame to go for?

Bollox64

BoTM Winner
Pace Fan
Feedback
View
So here's the dilemma...

I have pretty much 1st tjing on a VGC 1996 GT LTS Thermo, the one with the Ti link

16186468800_a08d249401_c.jpg

I also have pretty much 1st tjing on a NOS 1997 Giant MCM 990 at my LBS (Apologies if I stole someone's pic of the Giant - don't have a pic of the LBS frame)

16187648609_198f7223d4_c.jpg

With the higher LTS prices considered, plus probably €100 for the LTS shipping, I'm looking at a diff of around €300-400 between the two.

From what I've read up, the MCM is no shitty bike, even though it doesn't have the same cult status as the LTS

Should I even consider the LTS?

Would you?

Re:

Go for the Giant, the GT LTS is possibly one of the ugliest things ever to have two wheels attached to it. :p

Re: Re:

orangeone":5c7tjfxf said:
How much is the giant ?

Between €200-€250, maybe less...not really discussed it full out, but they know they can't ask a stupid price, as I am more or less the market!

€100 shipping is a sore one.

I'm sure the Giant is lovely and has a great personality blah blah blah...but without hesitating, I would pick the LTS over it every single day of the week.

Take This LTS !

I was first dibbing on, but I found another one cheaper on the forum.

This one is the cleanest I've ever seen for sale, and it have a rare and expensive Ti spring on its shock !

But please remember that early LTS are fragile, OK for XC, but forget to do DH with it..

Back