Which OEM's used Sachs?

davecara

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
In my ongoing hunt for bits, I'm looking at complete bikes to pinch parts off and part out to make some £ back. Anyone know which OEM's will have used a Sachs Quarz derailleur around 1996/97?
Cannondale Obvs

Raleigh maybe? i know they used some parts. cant think of any others

In my ongoing hunt for bits, I'm looking at complete bikes to pinch parts off and part out to make some £ back. Anyone know which OEM's will have used a Sachs Quarz derailleur around 1996/97?
Cannondale Obvs

Raleigh maybe? i know they used some parts. cant think of any others
Think I remember a Rocky Mountain coming with one🧐

Hercules came with Sachs, obviously.

For a while there had been also some Sachs-labled MTBs around, mostly with Manitou fork, Sachs power disc and everything else frorm the Quarz group.

I think also Peugeot was a more heavier user of Sachs components, most likely this was some kind of patriotism related to their former local company Huret.

Some names and pics are in this thread
although focused at the Sachs disc brakes.

When it comes to International brands, to me Cannondale was the only known one, and it was a bit of a Cannondale typical behaviour. Don't use/do what others use/do to not get comparable but rather stand out of crowd.

Not sure, maybe Sachs gave them also a nice discount to have at least one good and iconic refernce, even with successful race team.
Just in particular the race bikes had a lot of Sachs stickers but very often quite a few non-Sachs parts, e.g. Avid Brakes.

Kona had for a while at some mid nineties models Sachs front derailleurs, in combination with Shimano rear mech, Curve cranks and Gripshift.

Last edited:
Without digging into it, probably a whole bunch of Sunn higher end stuff.

Some of the Votec/Porsche bikes had Sachs equipment.
The Quarz group wasn't about for long, coming just before the SRAM takeover, it remained in the catalogue for a couple of years but I suspect that was to clear left over stock and was superseded by the Di.R.T line quickly before the name and designs disappeared with the release of X0 in the early 2000's. Shame really, it's nice kit, I have a full drivetrain/hubs on the DBR in my sig. :)

Last edited:
Back