Which modern wheel size will win out?

Mike Muz 67":52pvuuj1 said:
cce":52pvuuj1 said:
It's pretty obvious which is better designed for your proportions

All depends on what you like. For me the Rourke is the obvious choice. The same height as HM, I like a racey position more than upright

Mike

A lot of XC rides invert their stems to point downwards to achieve such a position (back breaking!)

Mike Muz 67":i8lfw4kv said:
cce":i8lfw4kv said:
It's pretty obvious which is better designed for your proportions

All depends on what you like. For me the Rourke is the obvious choice. The same height as HM, I like a racey position more than upright

Mike

Except HM is using an ugly high rise stem to achieve a similar bar height to the 29er, so he doesn't get that position.

a frame that doesn't require an ugly stem or mountain of spacers is always more aesthetically pleasing, all other factors being equal

Re:

I can honestly say that I have no regrets what so ever on thinning some choice 26 bikes, bits, etc. with my 27.5 purchase. It definitely rolls better, handles great and is just a joy to be on. Nothing but smiles and is quite a bit faster and more stable on the downhills as well.
I will soon be looking into a 29er hardtail which I've demo'ed and roll even faster the the 27.5.

Actually 29ers are rubbish as they are twice as fast for half the effort so you will get fat and unfit if you buy one :)

20" or bust

sugimura-progressive-mini-velo-2011-gear11-japan.jpg

(seriously considering getting one one, just to give a nice 2-fingered salute to the 29ers on the local trails.)

Back