Where are all the Ridgebacks?

I've had a saved search on a few of the good ones. Very rare it seems. Had a 91 702lx back in the day. Got it early 92 for a big discount. Only had the bright metallic pink left but what a Great colour! Good bike, did me proud through thick and thin. Frame was so scratched I stupidly resprayed it black. Average result. Converted to single speed then gave it away.
Still have all the lx bits which are going on a bear valley soon.
I did like that bike.

Rob Atkin":2zjjycwh said:
So who has now set an eBay search for "Ridgeback" now then? ;-)

I've frequently searched over the past two or three years.
It's very rare to see any of the early ones.

I still have mine...I used give the snobs with their XTR a pummeling on it at the Sherwood Pines Series......Loved it and its Deore LX :D :LOL:

I bought a Ridgeback from Langsett Cycles in '88, think it was 602LX (could have been 601). Heavy and bomb-proof. Sold to a friend in '91 to help fund the purchase of Cinder Cone, which was a revalation.
Happy memories, and I've considered looking for an early '90s model as well.
Looks like we could be creating a market.

brocklanders023":1914ez8u said:
Seen quite a few of the lower end 1990 ones on ebay (yellow/blue, orange/grey) and remember them from the Freewheel mag. Never seem to go for a lot and can't remember the last one I saw on here.

I know boy"O"boy's after one of the top end models.

My mate had a 704XT that he'd bought as a frame from a freewheel sell-out day in Croydon. Something heavy had been placed on it and the stays were crushed on one side. He paid £10 for it, straightened it out and kitted it up with a mixture of XT and whatever was available as he would frequently break parts due to 'caning' it over the Chitt's hill jumps.
The frame never broke. :cool:
Can't justify anymore bikes at the moment, perhaps one day though... ;)

cheers,
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Ridgeback1990-703DX.jpg
    Ridgeback1990-703DX.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,454
  • Ridgeback1990-702LX.jpg
    Ridgeback1990-702LX.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,454
  • Ridgeback1990-704LX.jpg
    Ridgeback1990-704LX.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,454
To me they are one of those brands that were so common that you never looked at them twice. I think one of the bike shops in Edinburgh must have been a main dealer at some point as they are everywhere in town.

my neighbour has an old ridgeback..I'll have to sneak over and find out what it is

blue and yellow thing, but not that 702 pictured previously

I've still got mine :LOL:
Probably worth at least a tenner. It's a bit of a plodder but is 100% reliable. I bought it new in about 94?? It's a602SX

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,668
well, i could be wrong

please ignore the atrocious condition it's in...

Attachments

• nextdoor neighbours ride.jpg
    nextdoor neighbours ride.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,654
I have two, a completely original 1989 602lx, with Madison airgrips! & an 89' 603, but with a Mountian LX group.

Shame I have problem posting pics on here mind ... ! :( ill keep trying. Not good with tech stuff, hence my love for all things retro. (not including my downhill bike though haha!)

Back