Where are all the Ridgebacks?

Hi Gents!!

Just joined the site as I've been trying to find out some info on my old bike, a Ridgeback 601LX just like the one that has had the pic posted - but in much better nick!!

To illustrate how original this is; I'm just about to pop to the bike shop to buy it some fresh tyres as it still has the original set of Madison Combines on the rims!

Will give it a quick clean and polish and take some pics so that Dossa can relive his youth....

:)

I picked this little gem up today.....

Bestival12027-1.jpg

Bestival12026-1.jpg

Bestival12028.jpg

Spotted it this morning on gumtree, and was doing the deal at lunchtime for £30 :oops:
Beneath all the grime, it's in really nice condition and very original (even down to the original tyres!)
The splatter paint should clean up like new. It's got a full MT62 groupset, and lovely RM20 rims.
This is going to be my Girlfriends new bike, to replace the 853 Rock Lobster I bought her that's a bit too big for her (but fits me a treat ;) )

drystonepaul":3bqq8n9o said:
Love that one Makster.

1989?

That'd be my guess. MT62 wasn't around for long, so it must be 1989, or 1990 at the latest.
Looking forward to cleaning this up, but it will have to wait a few weeks

makster":388md5ze said:
drystonepaul":388md5ze said:
Love that one Makster.

1989?

That'd be my guess. MT62 wasn't around for long, so it must be 1989, or 1990 at the latest.
Looking forward to cleaning this up, but it will have to wait a few weeks

'89 like Mountain LX it was a 1 year only group, being replaced by DX in 1990. Nice score.

I'll buy a bargain one of these days myself.

Carl.

retrobikeguy":2yjuij3n said:

Nice one! I did find your page with all of these scans, but the 603 was the onlt one that wasn't displaying properly.
Thanks for the info :D

Soonmixdin":14tf531m said:
Will give it a quick clean and polish and take some pics so that Dossa can relive his youth....

:)

Still waiting...... :LOL:

Nick Crane and Chris Bradley on their 'Backs in 'Atlas Biker'

P1050545.jpg

P1050546.jpg

P1050547.jpg

P1050548.jpg

:cool:

Back