What's your favourite Retro team jersey and why?!!

Re:

Still, I think that nothing compares 2 U....

Even when, at the PACE cycle jumble yesterday morning one stallholder made comment on my "French supermarket jersey".

The cheek of it.

I'd pedalled there, in the pishing rain, on Jean-Claude Garde's 1989 Super U bike, to be disabused by a man with a table of rusty tat.

It's no wonder I didn't buy from him.......

Re:

Some people just have no taste - well done on wearing that jersey with pride - it was always one of my favourites too. And that bike too!!
SuperCool :cool:

I always loved my American USPRO jersey thanks to Greg winning in 1983 wearing one, although must admit that Lance took the shine off of it for me. Still, another National jersey that I have is the French one worn by Hinault in his last year, 1986 - I still wear that one with pride and imagine I have legs like his. Well, one can always dream . .

:cool:

Ps three firsts in this photo - I've never seen a photo of Greg with red Factory Pilots, his brake cables routed under the bar tape or him using the Mk2 Avocet in 1986. I was always quite good at Screen Test. :mrgreen:

This seemed like an easier way to collect retro jerseys.

************************/diecast-cyclists.shtml

************************/images/diecasts/slate/diecast-cyclist-full-peloton.jpg

Re:

In no particular order, but Super U is my favourite.

Attachments

• kelly2.jpg
    kelly2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 653
  • bruneel.jpg
    bruneel.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 653
  • fignon.jpg
    fignon.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 653
  • weinmann.jpg
    weinmann.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 653
  • pdm.jpg
    pdm.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 653
inflated_pink_panther_by_rareinflationfatpics-d4p5em9.jpg

Re:

Terrible - 1.86m tall at 83kg, and that's the picture you get of me!

I too have un maillot Francaise, by Castelli with a touch of 90s fade to it.

Only worn it once though, it's always Super U for me (retired all my Castorama jerseys after my life threatening crash three years ago - they feel unlucky!)

Richie

Back