Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tioga

• REAL

• ONZA

• Total voters
Like Paul's stuff, i.e. would like more :LOL: agree machine tech should be up there.

I think people are missing the point behind the 'bling' parts label...

I dont think I even term Syncros as bling. Definitely not Shimano.

I see bling as being the ridiculously expensive (pointless) times of the earlyish cnc era: Where nothing worked but "Hey its CNC and anodised mad-sh*t colors and is worth more than my car"...

Pauls, Machine-tec, Grafton, Joes, Ringle, Critical racing, Kooka etc I reckon are a few of 'em.

This is almost in the too difficult box, but Onza pipped it in the end. BITD my main rides for years on end were fitted with Onza brakes, tires, pedals, grips and bar ends. These still pop up on all my retro bikes at least part time.

When typing this I realise I should get some porcs or Ule grips again.

Enjoy!!

reanimation":11ly0178 said:
Onza isn't really that blingy, went with pace for all things shiny and industrial!
!?!? are you crazy? ;)
they made the coolest cranks ever made, the sexiest barends (think CWAs, stogies, TI), most sought after retro tyres (Porks) and an excelent headset (Mongo, Mongo II). just because these are mostly taiwan made doesn't make Onza non-bling!
guess what i voted for :D

jez-4-bikes-max":gbi5aqwn said:
I think people are missing the point behind the 'bling' parts label...

I dont think I even term Syncros as bling. Definitely not Shimano.

I see bling as being the ridiculously expensive (pointless) times of the earlyish cnc era: Where nothing worked but "Hey its CNC and anodised mad-sh*t colors and is worth more than my car"...

Pauls, Machine-tec, Grafton, Joes, Ringle, Critical racing, Kooka etc I reckon are a few of 'em.

agree.gif

Yeah, most of these bling things dont interest me, I think the only bling item I'd quite like is a Ringle seatpost Q/R and Ringle canti hangers. By all accounts the wheel Q/Rs dont even work very well.

And as for Pauls, I dont even think their rear mech looks nice, it's just pointless, there's nothing worse than having a highly functional part made non-functional in the name of bling. Give me Shimano any day over that nonsense.

konahed":2ohc5clm said:
I'd quite like is a Ringle seatpost Q/R and Ringle canti hangers. By all accounts the wheel Q/Rs dont even work very well.

I've never had a wheel fall out in 17 years....but apparently I must ride like a girl (same goes for Cook Bros....allegedly) ;)

Back