What's the Least Bad Helmet?

I have a spesh and a met.
get a bell 12 quid asda, job done.
btw who remembers the bunch of bananas that was the bell v1 pro? I borrowed one from tim gould bitd :)

I've had a couple of Giro helmets, they fit me really well, and one turned what could have been a major concussion into a minor concussion and a busted helmet, so I'm only buying them from now on. I know which one fits me, so whenever I break one I'll just order another exactly the same.

+1 for going into your local shop and trying one on, however. People gave me all kinds of recommendations, but none of them actually fit my head.

Won't worry me as the rides are not convienient for the FoD but if like me you refuse to bugger up the image with a modern lid you could try a Giro Reverb.
Hardly Retro as it vaguely emulates Lemonds helmets but maybe a touch more appropriate.

Keep ypur eyes open lads as it won't be long before you will banned from toestraps as well!

Well, I went and got a Specialized helmet today from the place suggested by weeman. I traded my old one in and got it for many notes less than it would have been. Thanks Neil.

Maybe I'll try it on a retro ride some time.

Thanks for the suggestions all!

Glad you're all sorted.

I'm pretty sure someone from that shop is a member on here, KINFAST is the username. I've passed the place hundreds of times over the years but I haven't been in since I was a kid, any retro goodies?

He had a couple of nice Stumpjumpers upstairs. They weren't for sale but were what he called his retro collection. A white one looked in particularly good condition.

Back