What's the fastest you've ever gone?

Re:

I did 45mph down Ide hill on my 1986 Orbit CX bike. Its a hill local to me, favoured by nutcase roadies for riding UP rather than down. Could probably go faster, but would need proper eye protection as I couldn't see much.

On another note, fewer people have flown an SR71 than a Space Shuttle! Still the coolest aircraft ever made in my humble opinion. We go to Duxford occasionally and stand before it in awe. :D

I had over 45mph out of my 90's Raleigh going down a local hill. Never really thought about it until someone clocked my speed!

I commuted in on this a few weeks ago and clicked up 24mph on the speed camera read-out, on the flat with a very gentle head wind:

f8VLJQN.jpg

Re: Re:

andyz":11ht23nd said:
On another note, fewer people have flown an SR71 than a Space Shuttle! Still the coolest aircraft ever made in my humble opinion. We go to Duxford occasionally and stand before it in awe. :D

You are sh1ttin me :shock: there is a SR71 Blackbird in Duxford ? Fr1ckin ell always wanted to see my all time fav plane :cool:

Low 50s for me on my Fat downhill with slicks bitd and 67.5mph nudged on a road bike a few times bitd, down Highgate West Hill...before they ruined it with speed bumps :facepalm: Risked life and limb so many times trying to hit 70mph down it....whenever I felt really on it, maybe a slight tail wind behind...the fr1ckin 268 bus would have to come up at the same time :facepalm:

Re: Re:

M-Power":18tse9jc said:
You are sh1ttin me :shock: there is a SR71 Blackbird in Duxford ? Fr1ckin ell always wanted to see my all time fav plane :cool:

Its there alright, but engineless. :oops: Better than nothing though. :D

47083378.jpg

41mph on a too-small-for-me MTB going out of London on the A3..
A long time ago, but never forgotten.

mrgumby":1gdzjs1r said:
41mph on a too-small-for-me MTB going out of London on the A3..
A long time ago, but never forgotten.
Blimey! I used to do that regularly. The triple carriageway between Richmond Park and Tolworth was a very scary place!

Back