What's Britain doing wrong?

I would be interested to see a breakdown by age. It's still the case that the biggest killer of men under the age of 45 in the UK is suicide. That's an awful statistic. I wonder, then, whether there's a strong generational gap in happiness between older generations and younger generations in the UK.
UK figures heavily skewed towards men.

If you look at top 20, there are exceptions but generally most of these countries have outdoor lifestyles in common. I feel happiness is linked to the simpler things in life and for many people leading urban and suburban lifestyles a lot of them are chasing their tails, being led by the internet on what they should own, how their house should look, how they should dress, how everybody else is richer and leading a better lifestyle than them. The great outdoors is the ultimate leveller, gives you headspace to contemplate life and make you realise how unimportant we really are compared to nature.
friluftsliv

If you look at top 20, there are exceptions but generally most of these countries have outdoor lifestyles in common. I feel happiness is linked to the simpler things in life and for many people leading urban and suburban lifestyles a lot of them are chasing their tails, being led by the internet on what they should own, how their house should look, how they should dress, how everybody else is richer and leading a better lifestyle than them. The great outdoors is the ultimate leveller, gives you headspace to contemplate life and make you realise how unimportant we really are compared to nature.
I am lucky in that i have never given a toss what someone else has :)

Is there a hint of irony here - in as much as we are getting wound up about how unhappy or not we are reading an internet forum - when we should be outside riding bikes?

I love this type of stat. Plus averages and maps. If only the world was really like that? When I looked at the list of happy countries I noticed most are cold countries. I hate the cold and life in Israel looks too 'hot' for me. So I'd happier living here. Aus looks good until I think about all the animals and plants that can kill!!! So GB is number 1 for me. Just hurry up with the nice weather then I can go out on the bike.

You cannot even fly a Union Jack without getting a council fine.
Then you're branded "racist".
I'm hoping this is tongue in cheek, if not you know why this type of story makes the like of GB News, D. Mail, Sun & D.Express is because its such a rare occurence? It's more likely to be snobby neighbourhood watch types complaining than anyone else. That said i'll be trying for an Irish passport soon.

Back