Anthony Gobert 'The Go Show' passed away

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
If you're into motorbike racing, this is a sad story of what addiction can do to a prodigious talent.

Interesting bike pictured in the article too, looks titanium....?

Image.jpeg

Brilliant racer. Exciting to watch. Deeply flawed character. Never realised his full potential. Wasted his talent. The Paul Gascoigne of motorcycle racing.

The days when watching world supers was everything.
The Golden Era - if you still call it World Supers - you know how great it was! When the riders were characters: had a mind of their own, regularly spoke it: got into trouble: dissed each other properly: enjoyed a punch up, and didn't just thank their feckin' sponsors after every race.

The Golden Era - if you still call it World Supers - you know how great it was! When the riders were characters: had a mind of their own, regularly spoke it: got into trouble: dissed each other properly: enjoyed a punch up, and didn't just thank their feckin' sponsors after every race.

I'd been working in the motorcycle industry for a fair amount of years and during that period for me at least superbikes was the series to watch over the 500s any day.

Having said that I was a Doohan fan I must admit.

Last edited:
I properly got into it when Bayliss was winning on superbikes.
MotogGP is my thing though.
Watch all the bikes I can to be fair, from Speedway to BSB, ironically have never owned a motorbike.

I'd been working my many years in the motorcycle industry for a fair amount of years and during that period for me at least superbikes was the series to watch over the 500s any day.

Having said that I was a Doohan fan I must admit.
For me it was Schwantz - 'Full throttle until you see God. Then brake'.

I properly got into it when Bayliss was winning on superbikes.
MotogGP is my thing though.
Watch all the bikes I can to be fair, from Speedway to BSB, ironically have never owned a motorbike.

I've had the pleasure in meeting Troy Bayliss on more than one occasion and is super nice and a typical Aussie.

Foggerty era in supers.

Rossi biaggi and caparosi end of 500 and early gp, did watch doohan race, but that was my dad's era that spanned agostini, hailwood and in to rossi. It was a Sunday thing we watched together.

Don't watch any of it these days, zero interest.

Back