what ya listening to?

Loudest band you ever heard,man,Metallica live BITD would have made your ears bleed :twisted: Don't know about now though haven't been to a concert in ages :( A few mates are off to see KOL,very envious!

Bike Hoarder":3zg3y78o said:
KOL rock live!!! :LOL: Loudest band i've ever heard, even stood at the back it left my ears ringing....
Off to see the Zutons in Bristol next month, really funky band live, makes the songs really come to life.
Music to fix bikes (or cars for that matter), Planet Rock on DAB. No need to change CD's, just classic 70's, 80's and 90's rock. ;)

Seeing the Zutons on Monday at the BIC. Another great live band imo, and that Abi is delicious ;)
December is always a great month for gigs in Bournemouth. I've got KOL, Zutons and Stereophonics (with The Courteeners as support :cool: ) this month.
Had to turn down The Pidgeon Detectives and The Fratellis due to lack of funds too!

At this very minute, it's Love's "Forever Changes".

I still find it hard to accept that album is 41 years old (recorded 1967) - I can still remember being 15 years old and handing over a hard earned 19 shillings for my original copy as clearly as if it had been last week. The opening bars of "Alone Again Or" are, for me, probably the most iconic and evocative of any album I own.

The "Forever Changes" tour (of a few years back) that faithfully re-created the whole album (complete with string and horn sections) was just (for me anyway) an almost surreal and a very emotional experience. To actually see Arthur Lee in concert after all those years....... :cool: :cool:

I'm not ashamed to admit that whenever I listen to this album (or watch the concert footage) I could easily shed a tear or two. For Arthur, gone too young like lots of my generation, for my own lost youth - what happened to the last 40 years? Gone in the blink of an eye it seems.......

Anyway - I've just decided that my band should cover one or two of these songs. Maybe "A Home is not a Motel" and "Bummer in the Summer"? It suddenly seems ridiculous that I've loved all this stuff for as long as I've been a bass player and never played any of it :roll:

Latest posts

Back