What would you do? Retro Vs modern.....

Re: Re:

Merlyn11A":p85svy39 said:
As long as you get out and ride and enjoy it it doesn't matter what you ride :)

Thats the main thing, I bought my Pace over a year ago and I'm out riding it as much as possible.

jimo746":1m5y4but said:
Sell the lot and buy an E-bike.

It's the future.
Noooooo. They can take our rigid forks, they can take our big and little rings, they can take our purple Ano, but they'll never take our standard BB's and shiny shiny cranks.

There's a chunky bloke (think rugby player gone to seed not a Judge Dredd Fattie) about my age or younger that zooms past my house on an eFatbike or a Fat eBike and I die a little inside every time I see him.

Ironically prolly so does he every time he rides it :LOL:

I tell myself he's prolly sick or has limited mobility but deep inside I think he's a lazy muppet! Although in a breath-taking display of double standards I'd be fine if he went past on a trailie or a scrambler.

secret_squirrel":36j6tc8y said:
jimo746":36j6tc8y said:
Sell the lot and buy an E-bike.

It's the future.

There's a chunky bloke (think rugby player gone to seed not a Judge Dredd Fattie) about my age or younger that zooms past my house on an eFatbike or a Fat eBike and I die a little inside every time I see him.

Ironically prolly so does he every time he rides it :LOL:

I tell myself he's prolly sick or has limited mobility but deep inside I think he's a lazy muppet! Although in a breath-taking display of double standards I'd be fine if he went past on a trailie or a scrambler.

Ha ha love it!
Reminds me of the morbidly obese MAMIL on a £5k carbon bike I saw at Bolton Abbey earlier this year squeezing down his neck 3 or 4 energy gels after riding there from Ilkley!

Re:

The other day going over Blackfriars Bridge, I heard the tinny sound of two-stroke engine coming up behind me in the new cycle lane. Thought some moped/scooter rider was using the cycle lane as I couldn't see it the road traffic. Anyway, the tinny sound of two-stroke caught and passed me – turned out it was some boffin who had combined an engine with an old bike frame.

Personally, I like to combine elements of the past with elements of the future:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BngCSGJJNo[/youtube]

What do you ride?

Sorry if I missed this in the comments but what do you ride the most? And by that I mean what kind of trails? and what style of riding? As surely that'll dictate what's the most suitable option for you. These days I find I don't really ride my Prestige that much as I've got too many technical trails on my door step which are screaming out for something a bit more. That said it's a laugh to take the Prestige out every so often but I need to be with a group of riders on simular bikes not to get left wanting on the technical stuff. In my opinion think about what kind of riding you do and what kind of riding you enjoy, then decide what bike is most suited for that can of riding and then try a few and see what you enjoy.

Am in a similar situation to you Ed, in need of a more modern bike, have loads of bikes just not being used, some not finished, some just don't fit my 6 foot frame, and to be honest it's quite stressful trying to maintain a lot bikes. So am going to be selling a fair bit shortly, ones that are to smallmost probably...

Cheshire1980":35zsihxk said:
Am in a similar situation to you Ed, in need of a more modern bike, have loads of bikes just not being used, some not finished, some just don't fit my 6 foot frame, and to be honest it's quite stressful trying to maintain a lot bikes. So am going to be selling a fair bit shortly, ones that are to smallmost probably...

You have almost the national collection of early and very nice Oranges. May be they should be 'bequeathed' to Orange's collection or the nation's biking heritage in someway. Btw, I'm 5ft 9 and fit an 18/19 inch frame... ;)

Back