What makes a Retrobiker?

For me it is nostalgia and also being different. Another thing is simplicity, easy maintenance and being able to buy the high end bikes I could not afford in my younger days. I don't think you can put bounderies on what is or what is not a retro biker other than you need to like and own old bikes...

Think I am best described as a poverty stricken nostalgic magpie since I rediscovered all these lovely old bikes

Enjoy every minute of it though and there are a lot worse ways to spend your time and money.

Do think that the people here are some of the most genuine, generous and amusing I have come across for a long while and that certainly adds to the experience

Whats makes a retrobiker?

What makes a retrobiker?
Well, when a mummy retrobiker shows affection to a daddy retrobiker...............badda bing .........badda boom................nine months later you have a baby retrobiker :D :roll:

sorry couldnt resist, otherwise I think a huge part is nostalgia and the fact its a relatively youngish sport still developing. This means that there are still a lot of people who witnessed the rapid development of bikes and equiptment. It is I imagine a love of the older machines that meant something to us BITD be it a racer we owned, favourite rider rode one, a machine financially out of our reach when younger, thats the case with my S works and even one of my Stumpy.
Whatever it is I think it must be good as this forum, unlike most things online, has the a good feeling of mateship, like an old school club made up of mates who just like to ride together.
Ohh, I also agree with Dr S, OCD and greying temples probably help.

Jamie

When you fall off a bike. And don't just pick your self up and carry on as if nothing happened. My back is killing me :cry: Getting too old for this :LOL:

Back