What is your Holy Grail among French frame builders?

Re:

Frullani, made by guy Frullani, internal cables, shaped seat tube to shorten the chain stay and accommodate the rear tyre

lovely frames,

this one (pics below) is owned by Gary at GA cycles, and i was recently contacted by a lady who found my pic on Flikr:-

dear sir,

My name is Stephane Marty, and my entire family lives near the town of Biars-sur-Cere (France), where the beautiful red Frullani bike was handmade... This very special red Frullani bicycle, which used to belong to my brother, is depicted from IMG_2108 to IMG_2125 in your flicker collection. It has very unique features, and was a one-off hand-built, sized frame.

The reason why I am mentioning it is because my brother personally knows Mr. Guy Frullani, and he fairly recently was asked by him if he still had the bike--Guy is an older gentleman now, and would have liked to purchase it back from my brother, as a memento of a very unique frame which he built over 30 years ago...

Essentially, I am reaching out to you to see if you could put me in contact with its current owner. If only to at least share how he likes the bike, and perhaps more photos/anecdotes.

I hope you will see kindly to this request. To further attest to the legitimacy of it, you can reach me at +1 315-*******. I would be glad to discuss and provide details on the history behind how the bike got lost from our family.

Best regards,
Stephane

IMG_2108 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2116 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2117 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2118 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2120 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2121 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2125 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Some lovely detailing on the Frullani. I especially like the front changer bracket (complete with 4-hole cage!) and the curved Campag gear levers.

I don't know much about French builders apart from Hearse and Singer. I suppose I've always associated French small builders with Touring and Randoneaux bikes, not racing frames but the ones shown here are super. In good old blighty we only got to know about Helyett, Mercier, Gitane, Sauvage etc. from the TdF teams.

Re:

Frullani, made by guy Frullani, internal cables, shaped seat tube to shorten the chain stay and accommodate the rear tyre

lovely frames,

this one (pics below) is owned by Gary at GA cycles, and i was recently contacted by a lady who found my pic on Flikr:-

dear sir,

My name is Stephane Marty, and my entire family lives near the town of Biars-sur-Cere (France), where the beautiful red Frullani bike was handmade... This very special red Frullani bicycle, which used to belong to my brother, is depicted from IMG_2108 to IMG_2125 in your flicker collection. It has very unique features, and was a one-off hand-built, sized frame.

The reason why I am mentioning it is because my brother personally knows Mr. Guy Frullani, and he fairly recently was asked by him if he still had the bike--Guy is an older gentleman now, and would have liked to purchase it back from my brother, as a memento of a very unique frame which he built over 30 years ago...

Essentially, I am reaching out to you to see if you could put me in contact with its current owner. If only to at least share how he likes the bike, and perhaps more photos/anecdotes.

I hope you will see kindly to this request. To further attest to the legitimacy of it, you can reach me at +1 315-*******. I would be glad to discuss and provide details on the history behind how the bike got lost from our family.

Best regards,
Stephane

IMG_2108 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2116 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2117 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2118 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2120 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2121 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_2125 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
Hello,

Did you kept by any chance the number or the mail adress of the person that Contacted you about the frullani bike. During my vacation i also bought a frullani bike and would like to know more about him or the bike.

Cheers from France,

Thibaut

I like all of them, but it was Alex Singer who inspired me to finally do what I did this summer to a Japanese frame set I had hanging in the rafters for years:

1k0.jpg
Please let us see more of this.

For a beautiful French tourer this did it for me . However my pockets not are not that deep .
Charrel

Back