What is 'retro'

Does it matter,not many original parts other than the frame left on any of my bikes.Should I be concerned? :LOL:

jimihendrix":1km3mqyj said:
I was thinking about this the other day and came to the conclusion that what's regarded as retro is dependant on the age group, i think a large number on here are in their 30's (i'm 37) .

Where does this leave me then :?

I can't even remember where I've left my glasses so 5 minutes ago is Retro to me :D

Anything that's not current is Retro, even if it's got 9 gears (or even 10 if it's a road bike). They've been around long enough now to qualify IMHO.

That means that ALL my bikes are Retro, even my best 'new' ones ;)

How things used to be. simply.

Would you and could you buy a new DH bike with V's, no, so you see a lot of em? no so retro IMO

Out with not no suspension and canti brakes, not only it looks retro but feels retro, man teh peaks trip took me right back to 1990 on a 1993 bike :cool:

Every thing ages at a different rate, A 1995 Mondeo isn't very retro but a 1997 Lada is!

Don't worry about it, if you are not into retro you won't enjoy it here. if you are it doesn't matter what you own.

im just worried about burying me retro steed into the ground with my head as a brake.....testing bike racks this week end so if its DRY......i may give that slope another go...gulp... :shock:

Quite surprised at the number of people who have declared this thread "boring" (despite having taken the trouble to read it :? ) - it has been discussed before quite a fews times and there are always differing perspectives that either validate what we think (and are therefore perceptive) or are at an angle (and thus are clearly wrong).

Back