X-24K
X-24K
X-Ray
X-Can
12vac dual toroidal psu with individual output switching
B&W 603 s3
B&W centre CC6 S2 powered another X-A50 loop fed 20230727_095923.jpg

Last edited:
A slightly unusual combination of a Novafidelity X12 digital source, playing through a Mark Levinson 39 used as both DAC & Pre-Amp, via JPS balanced interconnects through a NAD Silverline S200 power amp, on through JPS cable again, into Zingali Overture .2S speakers. Also use JPS power cables on the ML & NAD.

Only the Novafidelity is a new addition, playing my collection stored lossless on its 2TB hard drive, and try as I might I can't hear a difference between it and an original CD. Clever bit of kit.

It's not real hifi but I have a Denon F100 mini system bought new in the late 90's with a project debut turntable and some mission M71 speakers. It still sounds decent to my aging ears, though I seem to recall the cassette deck put out a nice sound... not that I have any cassettes these days. Thought many a time to upgrade / replace it but it's become part of the family (it's older than my kids)

It is still nice just to dust off some vinyl and put the needle on the record from time to time...

Rega Planar 3 with Goldring 1012 GTX cartridge, Tango spinner sub platter and brass pulley.
Rotel RA-870BX Amplifier
Rotel RCD-965BX CD Player
Tannoy 611 MKI speakers

A few Raspberry Pi 3's around the place running Volumio with Amplifier and RCA HAT's. One Ras Pi setup as a a Volumio and NAS device with SSD for music / media storage. I'm making it from scratch and placing all the hardware in an unused 'Glyph' external storage unit.

Kodi Media Centre, home built in low profile Silverstone case.
Onkyo TX-SR608 Home Theatre Amplifier.
Tannoy 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker for the TV / Media Centre.

I think that's it or thereabouts.

I have one of these unused in its box

And a Realistic cassette player to go with it for that ultimate budget system look

Attachments

• binatone.jpg
    binatone.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 576
I have the same problem with audio gear as I do with bikes - always think what I have is no good, and I miss what I've sold more than I like what I have.
All my audio and video is stored on a Synology NAS, so I don't use a regular front-end source.

Downstairs
I sold a Cambridge Audio Azur 851N because the streaming functions were no use to me. Obvs I regret this now, but given that I mainly listen to the radio and like having it playing to several rooms at once, I bought Chromecast Audios - which was a big move for someone that can be snobby about front-ends - but a £20 device can play lossless files and has an optical-out. I like DACs with integrated preamplifer functionality, so I use either:
- A Pioneer U-05
- Or a Marantz HD-DAC1
I still also miss the Audiolab M-DAC I used to use. Sometimes I think I'm going to buy a Naim V1 DAC but circumstances mean I am less easy-going with buying new stuff.

- 2 x NAD C275BEE power amplifiers running in bridged mono. I've never been interested in numbers before, but this gives 330W per channel. I was using a 30W Naim amplifier for years, it was only relatively recently I started using more powerful amplifiers; speakers sound 'bigger' and low end is completely different, I stopped using a subwoofer.
- Martin Logan Montage speakers - super-dated floorstanders with electrostatic tweeters. I've had these ages and will never part with them.

Loft
Home theatre with an Epson 1080P projector and a 100" fixed screen, but I wanted this to work as well as a stereo rig. Front end is either an NVIDIA Shield or a Chromecast.

- Rotel RSP-1572 AV preamplifier. I was adamant I was going to run this in 2.1 as I always thought multi-speaker rigs were a gimmick, but I did end up getting some rears and have it set up 4.1.
- 2 x NAD C272 power amplifiers in bridged mono for the fronts
- 1 x NAD C270 for the rears (although I will change this for another C272 when one comes up)
- Mission 783 fronts
- Monitor Audio Bronze FX rears
- REL Storm subwoofer

Other things - that I use in a spare room, I don't use the headphones as much since the Doris flew the coup:
- I've got a ridiculous collection of Grado-style DIY headphones. Like more than half a dozen pairs?
- Fostex TH-900 headphones with Lawton Audio cups
- Chinese clone of a Quad 405 power amplifier
- A pair of Mission 782
- A pair of Musical Technology Kestrels. Had these since I was at college and will never part with them.
- REL Strata, redundant from the living room rig.
- Pioneer stable-platter CD player (I forget which one, its nice though)
- And some Bose stuff for the kitchen and bedrooms

Don't remember models but I had 'pre-loved' Denon & Kenwood separates in the 90's with some new Mordaunt Short speakers. Now it's a Huawei P20 smartphone & a Bose Soundlink Revolve+ bluetooth speaker. Most of the time I'm sat still long enough to listen to music is in the workshop or when driving.

Re:

As you can see all strictly old school :LOL:

Stealth 80/90s in the living room ...

N0QZ88T.jpg

DIY speaker stands :oops:

D7eag4L.jpg

Tiny system in the dining room. handy when working out at the back

PPeCRoN.jpg

The studio (spare bedroom)

rEFqWhm.jpg

Fair to say, i like my music :mrgreen:

Back