What hi fi system you got ?

Re:

Not really a 'hifi' in the traditional sense but have an AV system nowadays.

Denon AVR-X4200W amp
Denon DBT-3313UD disc player
Monitor Audio Radius speakers - Fronts R270 - Centre R200 - Surround rears R90 - Rears R45 - Subwoofer R390 (7.1 configuration)
Sony 46HX923 screen (calibrated with Spears & Munsil)
Chord Silver Screen speaker cable
DSpeaker Anti mode 8033 sub woofer room correction
Sky+HD
Brennon JB7 (hard drive music storage)
Alphason Finewoods FW1350 stand

Re:

My new headphones. by Audeze. Next a new CD player. Like the sound of a Rega Apollo-R

Attachments

• Audeze.JPG
    Audeze.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 627
Re:

I'm just putting a simple system together for my son who has just moved into his first flat.

The flat is part of a converted church, so stone floor carpeted are the order of the day.

He said he wanted a turntable and plenty of connectivity. Connectivity? Yeah, computer, phone, tv, Spotify etc.... Errrrm.

So internet searched and found 'streaming' which as I haven't dabbled with HiFi in many year was completely new.

In the end, after listening and searching, I have gone with a Pioneer XC-HM82D, linked up to some Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers on stands.

The turntable; I was going to gift him my heavily modified Rega Planar 2 until I spotted a Planar 2 without tonearm for sensible money. It turned up in perfect condition, so I tried a couple of arms I had here and settled on a Systemdek Profile with an Ortofon OMB5 (also from stock).

I carefully set up the tonearm, tried a few of my test records and then a few of my own vinyl and I have the say it sounds great, maybe not quite as bright and clear as my own deck, but for a first turntable I am well pleased.

Installation will happen in a months time, as this is his birthday present (and Christmas... and next birthday).

Re:

Got 3 of these cracking Teac Reference 300 systems from about 2003/2005..One in the diner and the other in the lounge..Speakers not laid out acoustically but happy just to hear music.. :D

Man cave also ;)

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3934.JPG
    IMG_3934.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_3935.JPG
    IMG_3935.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 463
Re:

Minimalist British Ion Obelisk, bought in 1989 for about 200 pounds when i was an apprentice, only about 35w output i think. I have newer more expensive and powerful amps but this sounds the purest, it's wonderful. Maybe the best 200 quid i ever spent.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 512
I think the plugs you get on Philips shavers is the same.

41gtiUhpIDL.jpg

Back