What have I got ?

Re: Re:

NeilM":10yssgho said:
Mike Muz 67":10yssgho said:
Nice!

Looks pretty good as it is! If it were me, I'd just change the pedals, swap bar tape for white, and ride it.

Be interesting to see what you do with it

Mike

White bar tape, white bar tape, white bar tape! :roll:

It's always white bar tape with you.

Red or blue would be too much, white goes with stickers

I've got orange on the Cougar and celeste on the?

Thanks for your responses.

The paintwork is pretty OK as it is with just a few areas where it's chipped / rubbed off.

I was going to have it sprayed ( as tastefully as possible ) in Pokemon colours in memory of my son.

R

RenegadeMeister":rxaj1zp5 said:
T
I was going to have it sprayed ( as tastefully as possible ) in Pokemon colours in memory of my son.

R

Sound like a fantastic plan.

There are quite a few good painters in the UK, I use Argos as they are local to me, but if you can find someone relatively close, it means you can actually explain face to face what you want and why.

Re:

That is really nice... and looks to be a decent size... whenever I see these they are too small for me!

Re:

Lovely frame, another fan here. Mine is the first one in the link that Neil posted. Before getting it painted, it might be worth checking though the list of painters on here, as some are better than others!

Thread here: viewtopic.php?t=232111

Re:

Wet paint is proper paint, sprayed on with a spray gun and then heated to dry and harden.

Powered coat is a plastic coating with is sprayed onto the frame using electromagnetic attraction, the frame is then heated up, melting the plastic and leaving a smooth but much thicker coating.

For a frame of the quality of the Dave Lloyd wet painting really is the only option, especially if you want more than one colour. It is also the only method of getting really complex shapes and colours which were the trade mark of Dave Lloyd and a few others.

Paint is more expensive, but it's worth it.

Re:

+1 for wet paint. Places like Argos can get your frame looking factory new with their renovation process - I've used them for most of my 'keeper' bikes.

Hi

Might make some jealous.

Bearings gone in the Royce hub on the rear wheel. So took it to the maker, Cliff Royce today. Lucky to live about 15 miles away from his workshop.

Took it apart and said.... 'It's a mark one hub, made 2000 to 2008'. Then went on to explain how they were made, some innovations and more. He has a book that records each hub he has made and where they were sent....

Lovely chap.

Get my wheel back tomorrow....

Back