What Bottom bracket would I need.......

carnell

Old School Hero
I'm wondering if anyone can help me, as I'm trying to do a first build. Does anyone know what Bottom bracket would I need for a Marin Team 1995?
Much obliged!

Interesting topic and before I hijack it "Yarr"
I bought a 95 Zaskar, sold the frame the XTR BB wasn't salvageble but I kept it for sentimental value :cool:
Now I'm building another bike and after measuring the XTR BB (113) I bought a Tange 113 and put it in and mounted the M900 chainset, the bike is not rideable yet. Does it really need a 107 like all the links say?

I bought a 95 Zaskar, sold the frame the XTR BB wasn't salvageble but I kept it for sentimental value :cool:
Now I'm building another bike and after measuring the XTR BB (113) I bought a Tange 113 and put it in and mounted the M900 chainset, the bike is not rideable yet. Does it really need a 107 like all the links say?
What’s 5mm between friends? When you say not rideable is that because you need to finish building it?

Quick calculation say's 46, mind you I did this with a skewed eye and a wooden leg.
Also first time I did this.
I guess time will tell if I can't get it to shift well.
The bike center line is in the middle of the hub, so the center line is a 65.3 mm from each locknut. The cogset middle is then: (130.6 ÷ 2) - (35.4 ÷ 2) - 4.5 = 43.1 mm
Obviously that's the example. Mine I did on a piece of paper.

113, as above, is the other official size giving a 50mm chainline. It's all about the gears.
For a Zaskar with 73mm BB that'll be grand.

Back