What bike is this

This one came up local to me listed as a Marin rockstar. Looks in good condition. can anyone tell me anything or about it?

It’s a 1993 Marin. And yes rockstar was the name of their forks.

The name I’m not exactly sure of as the parts are all over the place. I’d actually go to say this is a 1992 Eldridge grade respray as the decals are in the wrong spot and it has an lx crankset from 1992 as in 1993 the lx cranksets we’re black.

It’s an old joke on this forum to whenever someone says what bike is this? Another person says “is it a zaskar?”

This one came up local to me listed as a Marin rockstar. Looks in good condition. can anyone tell me anything or about it?

1993 Marin Bobcat Trail. A lower end Marin, but I think this one has had one or two upgrades. RockStar was a brand name for some of Marin's own-brand components, including forks. It will probably ride well enough but they're not worth much money: £60 or thereabouts.

I would say it's a 1993 Bobcat trail. The green stem, and I think also green headtube badge, is why I say that. Looks like some of the parts have been changed.

Ahh yes that’s the one. I’m the catalogues it’s blue(or purple?) so that’s why I couldn’t find it.
It’s also had the bands removed.

1993 Marin Bobcat Trail. A lower end Marin, but I think this one has had one or two upgrades. RockStar was a brand name for some of Marin's own-brand components, including forks. It will probably ride well enough but they're not worth much money: £60 or thereabouts.
the guy was aking £55 for it so about fair

can ayone tell me what these weigh. It might make a good budget commuter
According to the 1993 catalogue, the model above, the Muirwoods, weighed 12.2 Kg. Being a large size, having a thick lump of a saddle, and possibly cheap tyres, the example you're thinking of buying might be approaching 13 Kg. However, you could cut it down to close to 12 Kg quite easily: if the tyres are 800 g each cheap ones, replacing them with 500-550 g tyres (e.g. Schwalbe City Jets) could knock off a good 500 g where it counts most, and you might save another 200 g by changing the saddle for a Charge Spoon or similar. It's a good choice for a cheap commuter and, with some sensible care and investment in it, should provide a pleasant ride.

Back