What Bike Are You Never Going To Sell?

Top of the list, Megamo Equip Pro.

It took me well over a decade to find one, this is in perfect condition, its so simple yet effective. Its perfect to ride (I don't ride it often as I want to preserve it as is for as long as possible) But I enjoy every minute on it when I do.

2nd on the list, my 1996 Orange P7.

Its tatty, a bit knackered, etc but it was my first proper bike. After all these years I couldn't bear to be without it. It still has all the upgrades I fitted bitd like the yellow HS33's I had to have because I saw them on Dirty Tricks and Stunning C... (sorry I have always got that wrong)

3rd, Canyon Ti, ive still not built it up yet, but no rush as it will just be a show pony, its somewhere to house lots of special and fragile carbon, ti and prototype parts ive been saving for just such an occasion.

4th, Holt Lonsdale, its very old, very heavy but comfortable for linger rides, has a front and rear rack and its irreplaceable.

5th, Cant say yet, as bidding has not finished. Edit, Dawes Wildcat as soon as I can pick it up.

6th, Klein as I'm looking forward to building it, and thrashing it (its my motivation for getting out again and getting some fitness back.

The other 30 odd are only a decent offer or the need for a clear out away from being sold. Maybe they will just be kept as frames so I can store them easily and buy parts and build if I really fancy it.

Attachments

• Picture 013_zpsytais7vc.JPG
    Picture 013_zpsytais7vc.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 407
Re:

So interesting and glad to hear I'm not alone.... just waiting to hear from the chap who won't get rid of his Raleigh Mustang or Lizard. Then I'll be happy

Re: Re:

al":9m21sznb said:
Never say never.

al.

So true, no not Spandau Ballet.... So true, never say never. I never thought i'd sell my old rather fetching flam red Hobbs of barbican, but after a few years of it gathering dust and spiders in the man cave I thought if I'm not riding it I should move it on. After all, putting stuff on the retrobike merry go round is what keeps all this going.

This one just rides too well to let go.

Attachments

• sunny day 2017 1.jpg
    sunny day 2017 1.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 333
Re:

My brodie - unless someone offered me really stupid money for it.

As the original owner, and not having any need for the small amount it is likely worth, it is worth more to me for sentimental reasons (riding the first mte ste anne world cup on it, riding multiple big events on it, the work it cost to buy it).

My dekerf is a close second, again for similar reasons, but if the $$$ was right I'd consider it.

66 triumph daytona":201uxfd2 said:
eshew":201uxfd2 said:
This one just rides too well to let go.
Bianchi Ti Martini?Wowsers!

Yes, it looks as good as it rides, although it's got a fair amount of patina & I had to strip and bush the rear end after a crack repair required some paint to be stripped at the BB.

The Ritchey is a close 2nd, we just haven't had enough trail time together to form a strong bond yet. It's going to be a fun summer :) I've updated the pedals to period correct XC-II's since this pic.

Attachments

• FinA2.jpg
    FinA2.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 310
Back