What are the Police for?

"What are the police for?"
Giving you a crime number so you can claim on the insurance.

;)

Minifreak":2s7h6vmt said:
If only everyone knew the true state of our society and the completely farcical number of Polce available to be out and about protecting us all.
As in all walks of life there are no doubt good and bad in the police but don't tar them all with the same brush. It's generally those that have a reason not to like the police due to their chosen way of life that abuse them. I am not saying that anyone here is in anyway a bad person of course.

I would hazard a guess that the officers did not witness the incident from their position and hence they drove past and carried on.

When you give up most evenings and weekends, miss out on seeing friends and family at special occasions, see supposedly intelligent human beings at their very worst, witness life, death and everything inbetween and do it all for not that great a wage, I doubt very much the officers ignored this incident. They don't police for the money or to have any power over others, they do it to do the 'right' thing, just like our doctors, nurses, paramedics, fire fighters, armed forces and everyone else who ensures we stay safe as possible. Most importantly they are just human.

Just my 10 pence worth.

Very well put, couldn't agree more ;)

the roads are increasingly dangerous place where there's a mounting resentment towards cyclist, especially younger drivers who just seem to close their eyes and try to pass and some commercial drivers who are worked to the bone, no excuse but decision making under pressure and pi$$ed offness is general bad. the law's woefully poor at protecting cyclists, it's a disgrace some of the failures to prosecute even with cameras and registration plates in full view.

I'm certainly not down on the police but have encountered the good and bad like all sets, but did you ever see something at work and think I've not time for that or bigger priorities? if it ain't a reported crime, it doesn't become a statistic that they're measured on.. statistics giving politicians something to do whatever politicians do

Back