What are the best brake blocks......

Re:

The best blocks?

this can be a balancing act as blocks take differently to different rims, and need to bed in sooner or later. regardless of how good they are rated.

kool stop salmon and blue i have found to be ok in most circumstances.

but WHY aren't you all clicking here.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-pairs-RITC ... 35e86d9d16

the blue wear quick but they all work generally well for most terrains and weather conditions.

1. unless there is a true need for bus air brakes, buy them..^

2. 'cos of leverage angles etc...cantis are a pain to get right, v brakes were a massive improvement.

3. dodge them shimano m55's for example, never seem to bed in are hard, and get harder! :LOL:

p.s, the above link to blocks have aesthetic flaws, nothing more, they are perfectly serviceable. i'm sorted for block for quite a while now ;) instead of paying £11.99 for some old stock kool stop.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Koolstop are an improvement in stopping power. the ones with the red pad are the ones to go for if my memory serves me correctly. I assume you can get them for cantilevers

Best way to improve braking if your concerned about it is to upgrade to v brakes, theres not much you can do to improve cantilever brakes, they are fairly shite lets face it

Re:

V brakes are easier to set up for those with basic knowledge of bikes but perfectly set up cantis are much nicer to use than v's.

Re: Re:

chrisv40":xdl0e8zk said:
V brakes are easier to set up for those with basic knowledge of bikes but perfectly set up cantis are much nicer to use than v's.

I dissagree, plus thats opinion not fact. V's are superior in every way :p

Re:

Only superior for those who can't set cantis up correctly, cantis have a far nice feel, better modulation and are equally as powerful when done right.

Back