what £20 and a car trip gets you!

That looks fecking ace

Love it. Nice touch with the red spacer and the red bits on the seat postie.

Remember to add plenty of delicious wet stuff when adding grips to the textured bit of the bars, or get a set of cheap MX grips which would look the part on this.
Thanks dude, when coasting about in the garages it feels pretty comfy. The saddle is a bit naff but it’s quite plush. A layback post might improve the aesthetics a bit.

Still need to set the wheel up and dish it correctly. I have a ss chain somewhere which I’ll throw on at some point and add some v’s from the parts bin.

It’s progressing nicely just in time for summer sh**, winter 🥶

Thanks dude, when coasting about in the garages it feels pretty comfy. The saddle is a bit naff but it’s quite plush. A layback post might improve the aesthetics a bit.

Still need to set the wheel up and dish it correctly. I have a ss chain somewhere which I’ll throw on at some point and add some v’s from the parts bin.

It’s progressing nicely just in time for summer sh**, winter 🥶
I think it's aesthetically quite pleasing, a layback post might be nice though. I prefer a comfy seat.

Get a chain on there (I recently got into bulk buying the black KMC SS internal gear chains because I love the look of em, stealthy) and put on some V's and get riding! What type of riding will you be using it for? I could see that thing being capable of just about anything.

I think it's aesthetically quite pleasing, a layback post might be nice though. I prefer a comfy seat.

Get a chain on there (I recently got into bulk buying the black KMC SS internal gear chains because I love the look of em, stealthy) and put on some V's and get riding! What type of riding will you be using it for? I could see that thing being capable of just about anything.
Just cruising about really, take it on the train down to the seafront or round the park. Nothing serious really, I’ve got other bikes and projects for that ;-)

Just cruising about really, take it on the train down to the seafront or round the park. Nothing serious really, I’ve got other bikes and projects for that ;-)
Be perfect for that. I find that the bikes I build for nothing in particular often end up being my best ones because I have very low standards. :D

Recently started taking my Surly on the tram to go further north to ride, was surprised that a 29'er was so easy to maneuver in there.

In my opinion it would be better with the original forks, but that's just my love of straight rigid forks, a great transformation all the same.

In my opinion it would be better with the original forks, but that's just my love of straight rigid forks, a great transformation all the same.
Thank you and I know what you mean. Those forks are destined to be reunited with a cannondale and not this unremarkable alloy skip dodger. Another set of silver straight blades would look good I admit. Or maybe some dmr trail blades in gloss black or similar.

I like these mtbmx builds. I have a basic Kona frame and P2 forks that is too small for me but would suit this kind of build. No bmx track or bomb hole in the woods close by though.
Amost all of my bikes run mx bars and bmx stems for a more relaxed cruiser type position and its perfect for singletrack and gravel riding, if you have a too small frame and don't want norba, just get some high rise bmx bars or mx bars if you want less rise. They're just as capable as any other bike setup.

Back