what £20 and a car trip gets you!

trailstar82

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Fellow RB chums, I picked up this sad creature 2 weeks ago from Marketplace 30mins down the road and a pleasant drive.

I was obviously drawn to the cannondale forks and they were the only reason for buying it to be honest, there’s very little else going for it at this point! 42E3A484-6674-49AD-B34F-713BCC4FDA5F.jpeg

The bike is a mess, alloy rawed and no distinctive markings or characteristics to identify it. The ridiculously wide zoom bars make me puke in my mouth every time I wheel this thing about. Anyways, on closer inspection the wheels are more interesting.

Sun Levanter 36h 26” & 32mm wide alloy rims. They are laced into Maillard (23 88?) hubs and have a 5 speed block with a cannondale guard.
0AF3AE04-3773-4B69-B68B-0AF481626B82.jpeg
07C68A59-306C-4B89-83EF-22EDF1D83C8F.jpeg
I assume these were standard issue in the earlier days of cannondale but I’d be interested if anyone knows more about these? Were they a bmx rim that jumped on the mtb bandwagon?

Wonky fm cable stop!
image.jpg
It’s a weird old thing and it may become the town/shop bike that can get stolen with little regret. What do I do with this?
image.jpg

Last edited:
For 20 quid you could have gotten a signed portrait of me

And I'd even have posted it for free

Frame looks alright.. Put some black components on, keep it raaaaaw and ride it

in 2000 i was in china, i was also into trials bikes, there was a trials team who shared the stage with us at a festival. they had frames like this. i didn't even know china made good frames. crude....but never saw one fail. could be?

in 2000 i was in china, i was also into trials bikes, there was a trials team who shared the stage with us at a festival. they had frames like this. i didn't even know china made good frames. crude....but never saw one fail. could be?

Could be, the welding is quite “industrial” :LOL:
46FCF127-0A91-452D-B8B2-BA3CE301EFF9.jpeg

Quick update on this one.
- Wheels have a single cog now
- bars are Renthal junior mx from gumtree
- bmx stem
- set of lovely marzocchis
- use ti post and a chez lounge
- RaceFace evolve for the spinny bits

View attachment 678633View attachment 678634View attachment 678635
That looks fecking ace

Love it. Nice touch with the red spacer and the red bits on the seat postie.

Remember to add plenty of delicious wet stuff when adding grips to the textured bit of the bars, or get a set of cheap MX grips which would look the part on this.

Latest posts

Back