Weekend riding...

shinobi":1np6pnq3 said:
If your planning a " pit stop " in Wrights in Warwick street be warned it has changed hands and its not a change for the better ;)
Cheers Paul

Cheers, not been there for a while but thanks for the info. recently I've just stopped briefly at the coffee van at the end of the prom.

DA-EVO":1m9nuy2w said:
shinobi":1m9nuy2w said:
If your planning a " pit stop " in Wrights in Warwick street be warned it has changed hands and its not a change for the better ;)
Cheers Paul

Cheers, not been there for a while but thanks for the info. recently I've just stopped briefly at the coffee van at the end of the prom.

That does look pretty good , not sure how you gauge a coffee stop by how it looks mind you !
might have to take the grandkids to the park and road test it .

shinobi":24enuyl7 said:
That does look pretty good , not sure how you gauge a coffee stop by how it looks mind you !
might have to take the grandkids to the park and road test it .

I guess it looks handy :) Free small 'wafer thin' biscuit with a hot drink! Not much else within a mile! etc.

DA-EVO":2ge1e42m said:
shinobi":2ge1e42m said:
Cheers Paul

Not a bad place to bump into people that! We went into The Cheese Club in Worthing the other day and can safely say it does an amazing coffee and one of the greatest bacon rolls known to humanity - it's in Warwick Place at the Seafront end, definitely worth a visit.

I'm going to try and get out this weekend too, not sure in what form yet, as I have some road tyres on the Stumpy so might bimble down to Splash Point and beyond or get my arse in gear and get into the woods, either sat or sun.....

rosstheboss":3ee3q0vn said:
DA-EVO":3ee3q0vn said:
shinobi":3ee3q0vn said:
Cheers Paul

Not a bad place to bump into people that! We went into The Cheese Club in Worthing the other day and can safely say it does an amazing coffee and one of the greatest bacon rolls known to humanity - it's in Warwick Place at the Seafront end, definitely worth a visit.

I'm going to try and get out this weekend too, not sure in what form yet, as I have some road tyres on the Stumpy so might bimble down to Splash Point and beyond or get my arse in gear and get into the woods, either sat or sun.....

*thinks* Theres are stange man! He's looking at my bike! my gawd, he's talking at me now!, Why's he talking about my bike jersey? "Oh... er ahh! Hi, Ross" :)

Made it out for my first ride of the year, this morning, came to a junction, front brake not working, so I connect the front brake and alls fine, set off again, put foot on peddle and fall off, peddle attached to foot, but not bike, BUM, turn round and go home, striped threads bum time to sort out a new set of cranks . . . . .

TheGreenRabbit":1b70k1i9 said:
Made it out for my first ride of the year, this morning, came to a junction, front brake not working, so I connect the front brake and alls fine, set off again, put foot on peddle and fall off, peddle attached to foot, but not bike, BUM, turn round and go home, striped threads bum time to sort out a new set of cranks . . . . .

Damn shame, hope you get it sorted.

I had my butt kicked around sussex today by Mr Muz, who it seems, doesn't understand what the small chainring is used for. He only uses it on special occasions it seems. :)

Oh, and like all good dependable discussions about cake / coffee stops, the coffee van was missing today on Worthing seafront. :facepalm:

Good to catch up with you Dylan , wonderful day for a ride . Made even better with coffee and BIG cake !
As for the Worthing stop , we found a nice - if busy - alternative , with big cups and a selection of fodda to boot .

Mike

DA-EVO":2umidv50 said:
TheGreenRabbit":2umidv50 said:

Damn shame, hope you get it sorted.

I had my butt kicked around sussex today by Mr Muz, who it seems, doesn't understand what the small chainring is used for. He only uses it on special occasions it seems. :)

Oh, and like all good dependable discussions about cake / coffee stops, the coffee van was missing today on Worthing seafront. :facepalm:

Thank for the comments, threads stripped so new crank time, sorced a set from here so hopefully next week ! strava showed 2min 20 secs door to door !

If I have a meeting in Worthing I use http://www.parklifefood.co.uk/ much the same way I use Velo in Brighton I can recommend this >http://www.parklifefood.co.uk/cakes/signature-cakes/guinness-chocolate-cake

Mike Muz 67":yxzyau49 said:
Good to catch up with you Dylan , wonderful day for a ride . Made even better with coffee and BIG cake !
As for the Worthing stop , we found a nice - if busy - alternative , with big cups and a selection of fodda to boot .

Mike

Yes, has to be said, it was a really nice day to be on a bike. Lots of people out on the seafront and a few old cars knocking around with their roofs down.

Aching now though! :D

Back