WARNING re responses to wanted ads - please read

Re:

If you’ve paid by normal PayPal then all is not lost.

Call them and explain that you’ve purchased a item and it’s not come and the seller has disappeared. Don’t tell them much else. More info about posting a wanted ad or whatever confuses it.

Re: Re:

09woodh":2470csh7 said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=57019

This user emailed me saying his 'friend' had 'one of those' and to email him.

Perhaps jumping the gun but I've told him to piss off. Hope he's actually a scammer!

I've had one off him today as well

09woodh":1km8bga3 said:
......Perhaps jumping the gun but I've told him to piss off. Hope he's actually a scammer!

Me too as I’ve just given him the boot!

raidan73":27tbc1py said:
09woodh":27tbc1py said:
......Perhaps jumping the gun but I've told him to piss off. Hope he's actually a scammer!

Me too as I’ve just given him the boot!

I've had a couple of pm's today too......'mickyrunner'....just deleted them both :)

Was feeling left out but got an offer from mickyrunner also today :)

Have asked him to get his friend to join as he seems to have a lot of retro parts for sale :)

Yet again! Ban it!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 14.04.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 14.04.30.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 4,371

ocris":383iuz3y said:
Yep... I fell like a rotten apple on that...

"Hi there guys!

Be carefull when buying bikes or parts from people on the forum!
I did not do basic checks and as I was really wanting that frame, I ended up paying and never receiving the frame I paid for... And the seller dissapeard and no answer anymore.

So I thought it is important to advice everyone here to take extra care.

Explaining:
(Now I can see I fell on a fraud sale).

I posted a "Wanted MTB" looking for a GT Xizang.
I member here (Rookie3) sent me a message saying a friend of his (Richard Bones) had one. He passed me his email (bonesrichard99 AT gmail.com).
(later/now I checked this member profile (Rookie3) was created only to send me that message).
So I sent an email to his "friend". He sent me photos of the bike/frame.
We agreed on payment and I did.
Then he stopped replying me. Never sent the extra photos I asked for. Never shipped the frame.
After 10 days he sent me an email saying things were difficult, he appologize the way things ended and he would think on 2 options to return my money... bla bla bla... It has been 10 days again...

Please be aware and take extra care.
I know I could have avoided that with basic care and verification. But I did not. I trusted this was a great forum (and I know there are bad people everywhere)...
Retro Bike has no fault on this. I just suggest only members with minimum amount of messages, verified phones, emails, etc should be allowed to contact other members... Just a thought now.

Take care!"

Hi guys! I have a good update for you.
So I did ended up "buying" a bike frame from one of these fake profiles.
I paid for it via paypal.
So I opened a claim on paypal.
They decided in my favor. I said I have paid and never received the item.
So I am getting back my money via paypal.

Be aware. Lessons learned!
Take care out there!
And ride your bikes!

Excellent news. Glad to hear it

Back