Wanted: small Zaskar (or similar)

Oh my god oh my god oh my god

Sorry.

After months of searching about, a few wrong turns and more than one missed opportunity I finally landed a decent, mid 90s, 14.5 inch zaskar.
Unfortunately in the impatience of waiting I have acquired a few other projects too, which now means I need to have a clear out.

Frame needs a polish but there's some good kit on it, just need to decide which way to go with thd build, full retro or modern.
Anyway, build thread will likely appear in the spring.

Big thanks to all the forum users who have helped out along the way.

Attachments

• tmp_24900-2016-01-12 12.47.3261890068.jpg
    tmp_24900-2016-01-12 12.47.3261890068.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 162
Re: Wanted: small GT

RickTheUncivil":1mj08dbf said:
Back in the day I had a 16 inch Backwoods. It was ace. I kept it for years and rode the arse off it while i learned every type of riding I could. In the end the frame cracked .....
Now then, I'm not after showroom perfect but I don't want damage. Iffy decals and paint i can live with but no massive dents or scrapes. I'm not averse to refinishing in non-standard ways so would consider a rough looking but sound basis for a custom project. Polished would be nice but I'm open to ideas.

So i still fancy rebuilding my old Backwoods. I realised that I have been subconsciously been gathering the parts, not complete but it got me thinking.

I want a 16 inch red ano backwoods, '96 I believe was the only year. in good order, frame or built considered. M
Or
I want an equivalent 16 inch frame which i can make red. Backwoods, Zaskar, Pantera, whatever really. Must be alloy, must be 16 inch, must be solid.

Ta

Latest posts

Back