Wanted: Hope C2 OPEN Caliper Seals

Now that's a good idea! Thanks for the link.... I'll see what they can supply.
Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Yes - as you say - could be worth a punt. They might be a little tight, but that might not be a problem.

pburger":3h187c5d said:
Yes - as you say - could be worth a punt. They might be a little tight, but that might not be a problem.

could be worth sending Dyna Ti a pm, he has a lot of c2 stuff, I sent him all my C2 stuff a few yrs ago and he might just have a spare one?

Maybe I'm new on here ? but I can't seem to send PMs.
Could you point me in the right direction for "Dyna Ti"?

pburger":3ros2kv0 said:
Maybe I'm new on here ? but I can't seem to send PMs.
Could you point me in the right direction for "Dyna Ti"?

there is a minimum number of posts before you can post a pm. I'll see if I can.

Howdo :D

I've some seals, but as to what exactly they are is anyone's guess, and tbh they are really close in inside diameter.
I would say one is thicker slightly, but I know these to be mini pro trial caliper seals, and checking the documents it lists it as a different parts number for the seal. inside diameter appears to be 25mm, which is the same for C2 and mini trials. I cant see that the seat on those two can be so radically different, and for that matter cant see how the O2 is that much different if its the same sized piston.

0.06 or 0.07 of a mill arent critical sizes here. This isnt microbiology those differences are so tiny that im sure -/+ in manufacture would easily eat them up. Its rubber, not ceramic alloy.

Without looking at all the components, and the caliper sides and piston, and im not in any way denying you're at fault, or even wrong, I just cant see how it would make that great a difference that tiny.
If thats a help :? sorry cant really offer any more assistance :)

Adds....
I have in the past replaced piston and seals in c2, so all new and still pished out fluid. That i put down to corrosion on the piston sides and leading edge of the caliper where the seal sits.

Latest posts

Back