Wagon Wheels Genesis More tweaks.

Re:

Hmmmm, definitely not built for style, although I have tried to make everything blend nicely.

There is mass's of tyre clearance at the back, the front not so much, and those tyres are smaller than the Specialized's

No worry's tho, each to their own :)

But front clearance, the forks were pretty bad, actually had the front lock up on one mud run so have been looking for a rigid (but long) fork, bought a 490mm Kinesis but transpired to be cracked, seller refunded so then bought a White Bros Rock Solid, also 490mm, loads of clearance there now.

Also built some SH Sun rims onto a pair of Hope XC hubs and have tried the Specialized tyres again, as the rims are a little wider they seem to have sealed properly this time and have worked well on the first ride, all ready just before the winter mudfest :)

Need to tweak the bar/stem position a bit and probably de-sticker the rims.

Re:

Made a few more tweaks.

A slightly longer stem with a little more rise with flatter but slightly wider bars, seems to work nicely after the first couple of rides.

Also trying some On-One foam grips, years since I used foam grips but they are nice and slim and to take out a little of the zing.

Done some twisty, rooty and slightly muddy stuff and it is working very well, tyres are certainly happier on the wider rims and no flexy front now!

Re:

Many thanks

It's a 16" frame, I like plenty of clearance :roll:

Since the early 90's I have always ridden 15/16" frames, seems to be regarded as a bit small now, but I'm very happy with it.

Back