W.Pollard Specialite Single speed Track frame bike

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For Sale W.Pollard of Coventry
Single speed bike built around a Track / Path style frame with rearward facing dropouts that i am led to understand dates from either the 60's or 70's .
Its a 21 1/2" or 54cm sized frame from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt and aprox 23" or 58.5 along the top tube centre to centre with a standover height of 31" or 78.5cm .
I have owned this bike since 2012 and when i bought it , it was fitted with a 14 speed set up and i ran it like that till the end of 2014 when i had it converted back to single speed as per its original build .
At some point it has been resprayed / powder coated to a good quality and fitted with rather amateurish decals but has still got its original head badge in place , a nice set of sloping crown forks have been added at some point and these carry a red reynolds 531 sticker the silver paintwork carries a few scratches but no dents .
Fitted with a 52/42 Aero Coronado chainset and a 16 tooth dicta freewheel the rear wheel has been dished to suit the single speed set up . Rear whel drop out width is just over 110 mm . Wheels are Rigida "excel" 700 x 13 laced on to Somas hubs , and are fitted with Vittorio 700 x 26 fr and a 700 x 25 rr tyre .
Fr and rr brake caliper are later allen key type shimano rx100 units operated via new cables and Cane creek 200tt levers mounted on to aset of aero profile bats and 100mm ttt quill stem , seat post is a 26.8 micro adjust affair .
The bike has covered less than 100 miles since being rebuilt into single speed mode .
This is one of my personal bikes and has been a treat to own and ride .
Asking £275 collected from Wellingborough NN8 postcode or could be sent via a 2 day courier for an extra £25

Attachments

• pol1.JPG
    pol1.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 590
  • pol2.JPG
    pol2.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 590
  • pol3.JPG
    pol3.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 590
Back