Vitus mountainbike overview

Hi, I'm previously De Reyes, haven't been on here for ages but can now clear up the mystery of the Vitus E stay bikes. It has the Vitus logo on the top tube and did have an ugly logo with a mint green triangle behind (as Matt 205 said bike is dark green) on the down tube. This said Dangre, which I took to be a play on danger and the name of the bike, which would have been rubbish, Vitus Danger, so I removed the sticker. Turns out Dangre was the family name of a small bike co. & frame builder from near Calais, so although I got the bike in a hypermarket they were acting as an outlet for a local business. I don't know if they were sold all over France. When I said it was badly made it referred to the drop outs being out of skew. It is as said super comfy (I rode off road the camino Santiago on it) it's also the most elegant E stay I've seen. Mine still lives down in southern France, I'll get a photo up.

Taken in 1994, chrome swagged fork replaced by awful Rock Shox and Dangre logo removed.

Attachments

• DSC_0650.JPG
    DSC_0650.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 685
Back