Vitus Duralinox 979

csharp354

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Vitus Duralinox 979

I recently bought a Vitus Duralinox 979 frame & fork set and am desperately trying to date it. The frame is unusual in that it has been re-sprayed but the forks are the original polished aluminium. I can just make out the serial code on the underside of the BB that is stamped 'D060083'. Can anyone decipher this number to suggest what year the frame was made? I know it is sometime in the 80's but it is really bugging me now. I have tried googling it but haven't got anywhere :( If it helps the seat post is secured by a grub screw.

Look forward to some helpful suggestions/hints etc... from any Vitus alumni out there :D

csharp354

Re:

Thanks for the links :)

I keep trying to attach photos but am encountering techno issues!!! Every time I try to upload I am told that 'the image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1280 pixels wide and 0 pixels high. The submitted image is 4288 pixels wide and 3216 pixels high.'

:roll: :roll:

The file sizes are only ~500KB.

C.

I'm sure mine has a stamp on it somewhere with '86' on it which I believe is the year. It's stacked away in the loft now so I can't get to it to check, sorry!

As in the day you could buy Duralinox 979 & other models plain. I'm not sure of the required #'s you had to buy but seem to remember that you could buy with a vitus # on the dropout & fork steerer so were free to stamp your own # under the BB I know I had a frame decaled Fangio that was like that.

Back