Vitus 979

pics

Thanks for the great coments on the bike, the photos were done at NM design in Brigg. I didnt want to spent the time I had on the bike and then shoot it myself badly.
The piece betwen the gear and the frame gear manger is the gear stop. This mavic gear does not use the inbuild step in the hager to tension against, it has this plate and you tesion the gear against the front face of the frame hanger with the allen key.
I dont know why the chaiset was chosen, just Trevors preference I guess. The mavic is a little more square edged in design and the stronglight is quite rounded and aero for the period. I love the OMAS hubs, they are untouched, have no play and feel so smooth. The FT pedals are nice too with sealed rollers (early design for this application I think) and Ti spinldes. I love the detail like the alloy toe clips and the, top end, Binda laminated straps. I have rarely seen the CLB brakes and these are very light especialy with the alloy cable set. the QR works very well on them. It even has a Ti spinlde BB. I will post a weight when I find my scales. I will have to clean the chain it got dirty on its one ride out so far. Next project is Trevors winter training bike bike. I will of course post some details when sorted.
Pleased people like the bike, he was rightly proud of it. It brough back many memories working on it and for people that have seen it and knew Trevor.

Montello":113k6axy said:
How did you keep the pedals up for the photos?

blue tack on the spindle:) and a piece of wire to support the bike then take it out with photoshop.

Hi,
Lovely. Did this ever get sold? I used to live down Lloyds Avenue but left Scunthorpe in 1973 and that bike shop did not exist then. You eve wish to sell the machine, pease et me know.
Kindest regards
Splined

Splined":36rf8kxv said:
Hi,
Lovely. Did this ever get sold? I used to live down Lloyds Avenue but left Scunthorpe in 1973 and that bike shop did not exist then. You eve wish to sell the machine, pease et me know.
Kindest regards
Splined

No this bike did not get sold, it was never for sale :) Trevor started the bike shop after 1973 so he was not there when you moved. I know a few cyclists from Lloyds avenue, it must be a biker hot spot. I am afraid I am not likely to sell this bike. I wanted to restore and use in the way my friend Trevor would have liked it used and cared for. I have a lot of memories that this bike helps to jog. Strangely enough a lot of people who used his shop recall it siting in there when they went in and they often comment on the bike when they see it now.
Thanks for the nice comments

Re:

Deax":1fq8h7um said:
At the danger of turning tim2's 979 post into an Alan post. If I show you mine..

looks like you're trying to pick up radio luxembourg with those cables!! :LOL:

get them trimmed and you'll have a lovely looking bike that will save you seconds on your time to the shops and back..

;)

Latest posts

Back