Vitus 979 Wheels

Ranjan

Retro Newbie
Hello Guys,

Im new here and are starting to do my first project bike for the summers races...I just got hold on a Beautiful 979, i have just a a few questions... Do you guys know if campangolo has any rims that still fits the older retrobikes? (or any other higher end brand)

Thanks

I think the answer is no if you want the bike to look original. I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells just rims and their wheels don't look the part - the hubs are wrong style as are the spoke patterns and as for the number of spokes, they're far too few to look right for a bike of that era. Your best bet would be to find some NOS Mavic rims or similar.

I think the answer is no if you want the bike to look original. I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells just rims and their wheels don't look the part - the hubs are wrong style as are the spoke patterns and as for the number of spokes, they're far too few to look right for a bike of that era. Your best bet would be to find some NOS Mavic rims or similar.
I'd somewhat disagree, had some very nice Campagnolo wheels (hubs & rims) in past - Omicron, Omega, both silver and anodized, boxed or V shape....Here is a pic of Omega Strada V on one of Gios I built for someone :)

Finding a nice NOS pair is a challenge though.

Attachments

• 20211204_155114.jpg
    20211204_155114.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211204_155145.jpg
    20211204_155145.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 9
Agree on new, I was referring to NOS Jim mentioned - if looking for NOS Mavic, may as well try to see if any Campagnolo out there (much less likely though). Perhaps I was not clear enough, sorry

Last edited:
Back