Very rare Vitus 25.4 aero seat post

grilla

Retro Guru
I have this lovely Vitus 25.4mm seatpost, designed specifically for the Vitus 992. As the photos show, the post has a flat milled section, which is designed to provide better purchase for the grub screw compared to a round seat post. The post measures approximately 25cm from the bottom of the post to the rail clamps, with approximately 18cm from the min. insert line to the rail clamps.

Overall the post is in what I consider as very good condition, however as is usual with seat posts there are signs of previous insertion and removal. Also, there is some rather heavy marking/pitting just above the min. insert line, as shown by the photos. I have given the post a decent polish, though like all things when it comes to polishing, it could of course be polished some more!

The photo with the tape hopefully helps illustrate the condition of the post well. The top 12.5cm are pretty much unblemished, and have a beautiful shine, then between 12.5-15.5cm there is some light marking (I'm sure this would polish out pretty easily), and then the worst marking is between 15.5-17.5cm. For a period-correct build then there should only really be a fistful of post, so the aforementioned marks would all be hidden well out of the view in the seat tube, so no need to polish!

£45 posted anywhere in the UK - offers welcome NOW £35

IMG_20150227_094253067_zpslkfjzl3x.jpg
IMG_20150227_094452516_HDR_zpsnmuqv4g0.jpg
IMG_20150227_094439617_zpsh5yglgmr.jpg
IMG_20150227_094432455_HDR_zpsmuw2uqhd.jpg

I picked a practically new one of eBay France for 25 quid. Given the scoring I'd say 45 quid is very optimistic.

bm0p700f":2ss3yy52 said:
I picked a practically new one of eBay France for 25 quid. Given the scoring I'd say 45 quid is very optimistic.
And a used one recently sold for 99€ on ebay. Value vs demand vs sale price is too subjective a matter (particularly on auction sites) for any one price to be used as a paradigm. Sounds like you got a good price though, well done.

Like I say, offers are welcome. I no longer have any bikes requiring a 25.4mm seatpost, so am looking to sell it, at a price that satisfies myself and the buyer.

Knocked a tenner off down to £35 posted, but willing to listen to offers as the long and short of it is I'm totally skint and could really do with flogging this...

Latest posts

Back