Velo Trails - Aftermath (featuring the 'Exploding Explosif')

Looks a good ride....

Velo's treated me to his locals trails a few times in years / decades / millemia gone by.....

Musr get @rse in gear and get out more.

M.

Pretty sure i did a race at the Penicuik estate in the early 90's - looked like a grand day out, wish I was there... we have finally chosen our vinyl flooring though.

that rim! :shock: happened to a mate, glenn longland (poo hot TT rider) and he broke his hip when it blew on a training ride.

looks a good ride :D

big.eck":724p54ws said:
looks like i missed a good day :( acht well i had a good half day pissing about in the cave :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Enjoyed that wee pootle on your Al-Mega big fella, as well as the guided tour of Hope's disc brake museum (early to mid '90s section)!

Looks like youse had a cracker :D very jealous and probably will be for the next wee while!

velomaniac":pspj4wim said:
I'm going to do more research on the trails of the Penicuik estate, smaller area than our epic but lots of potential :D
That'd be time well spent I reckon. I remember when we did it last year, we stopped at a bench with a cracking view out over the valley.. there was definitely some nice, loamy and pine needly track after that? And the bit before was decent too. And of course there's the steep drop where the inevitable happened to me :oops: It's just a shame time was short yesterday.

You really are rather lucky with what you've at your back door... proper natural forest trails, no armour or modifications to make it a little bit safer or friendler, just what's been created by countless feet, paws, etc over the years. Sure, you need to link it up with a bit of road work, or farm track or marshy field, but it's definitely worth it. Even the disused railway on the way back isn't too bad, you get a chance to chat, and there is the occasional techy line off up a banking if you feel that way inclined.

Latest posts

Back