USA maggot cruiser.

Nabeaquam

BoTM Winner
I pick up this junk frame this weekend from a dying village. The iron mines closed in 1930. No one can sell a house there. There are a lot of junk piles and hoarders there. This came from a junk pile there. The only businesses are 4 pubs in a row that cater to snowmobiles. You can ride your sled through the village, right up to the pub. Old timers don’t like that. The frame was broken so someone gob welded it back together. You UK folks build really, really nice bicycles. This won’t be in that category. I decided to build a winter bar bike from this, using no money. The plan is to make a maggot so bad that junkies won’t steal it. I’ll put the rear wheel on crooked in the drops and use a bent fork. I’ll weld a spare left pedal so the pedal won’t spin and the pedal will fall off after 10 meters. I’ll remove the working pedal and put that booby trap pedal on before entering the tavern. Ha. Corn cobs for handlebar grips and flashlights duct taped to the bars and seats. Here are the bones. The front fork is bent and has one of the drops cut off so I’ll replace that with more junk. This really won’t raise any eyebrows as people don’t give bicycles a second glance, it will be just another bike at the bar. I hope to be using this home built beater this weekend. F1495CEA-F5B6-47EE-9B2C-CBF4C39FDD7F.jpeg

I like this ghost town atmosphere what you have there..
And the amount of snow.
Pretty sure it's an interesting frame if you picked that.
Can you post some pics of the village too?
I can literally hear the wind whistling while some accordion is playing in the background...

Ok guys, here is some progress today. I’m surprised anyones interested.
The front fork was missing a drop and the only replacement fork I had that had a long enough steerer was dented and mangled, spread way out. I used a furniture clamp to bring the fork back to 120mm so a coaster brake rear wheel fit on the front. 05484BDA-66DD-4145-8A59-E00B0E3D3D1D.jpeg
I have road bike drop bars that are too wide to fit in any of my stems. Someone in the past forced it into a stem and gouged it up. I hammered in a spreader bar and hammered and twisted the bars into the gooseneck. 262001BE-AE8B-46BB-A49C-D74066882F69.jpeg
I touched it up with red spray bomb and used snow for a masking medium. 812E672B-4FE5-4C60-A853-2D2A40C2EB77.jpeg
There are many wonderful maggot details that I love on this bike, like the improperly laced wheel. 06D763FA-AF1F-413D-B775-6A0455BFDBB8.jpeg
And the beautiful jeweled cross threaded pedal. 9B610E00-2010-408E-B813-24A461C6E4DA.jpeg 3A5C5157-81A7-4046-8B99-733B4114596A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back