unusual 1995 Kilauea

I don't think you've quite brought yourself to confess your guilty secret yet Paul, have you? Come on now, tell the people how much you paid the man for this fine rarity. You'll feel better once you've got it off your chest!

PS
It wouldn't look right without its O-Beam post IMHO.

I had the same thought about the post, but I have 3 27.0 bikes so plenty of posts that fit.

If it's not in poor taste to brag, I paid 600 crowns, which equals around 68 pounds. ;) Plus I should be able to get 20 or so quid back by selling the parts I don't need or want. :D

Kona Paul":1zncjdbt said:
If it's not in poor taste to brag, I paid 600 crowns, which equals around 68 pounds. ;) Plus I should be able to get 20 or so quid back by selling the parts I don't need or want. :D
Never give a sucker an even break, eh Paul? And you're not even ashamed of yourself. I don't know, these young people nowadays.

20 or so quid? :LOL: You'll make your 600 crowns back just on the Bonty/Titec bars, Velocity stem and the post, so the frame comes free and everything else is a bonus. I could just do with that post too, pity I can't afford it.

Anthony":163wwg2q said:
Kona Paul":163wwg2q said:
Never give a sucker an even break, eh Paul? And you're not even ashamed of yourself. I don't know, these young people nowadays.

20 or so quid? :LOL: You'll make your 600 crowns back just on the Bonty/Titec bars, Velocity stem and the post, so the frame comes free and everything else is a bonus. I could just do with that post too, pity I can't afford it.

I didn't know I should feel ashamed. I don't think he paid that much for it either. He had it listed on the local mtb site, no price, got lots of people asking for pics, and the next day put the price at 600. So I said what the hey, looks interesting, and can't really go wrong for 600. Turns out I was right I guess. And here I was stressing because I agreed to buy it, didn't need another bike, and it was 18" and I prefer 17". :) Jakob will tell you, if I hadn't bought it, he would have got offers for 400 or 350 and a bag of candy, plus he would have to drop it off at their door. No kidding...so I guess we were both happy in the end :D

Are you serious I´ll get that much back?? I thought the bike was around ½ price by UK standards, because of some of the not so great components. Well, NOW I should feel ashamed, but to be honest...nope, nothing. Pretty happy actually. :D

Jakob":3a6vivo8 said:
Ehh Paul...I'm not the guy you got the frame from (he's a guy named Martin, I think) :D

Yes, I know. It was Martin, who has owned an old Humu from 95 before, rides mtb and cross regularly, races and definitely knew what he was selling (EDIT: not that the colour was rare for Killy, but that the Kilauea is a classic steel frame.) My point was just that you have probably seen the offers people make on mtb.dk or DBA before. Or perhaps you haven't...?

Back