Unknown Ti Forks - help with id?

Fat_Bloke

Dirt Disciple
I wondered if anyone can help me ID these forks. I bought them maybe 8 years ago, they came on a '94 Merlin Titanium. They are for a 1" headtube, 26" wheel, legs are 1.12" Diameter, no markings anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 673
Re:

I had a set just like this in 1 inch. According to the rb member I bought them off, they were made in China by one of the better manufacturers. Can't say yours are the same, but they look very similar.

Re:

Well, Thank you for the ideas. Just happened to start from the bottom up and researched SIBEX. And what I found within two mins wasn't what I really wanted to see. I'm going to err on the side of caution and not ride these (I haven't ridden them yet! just put them on my most valued Ti frame and hung on the wall). I'm going to say thank you to everyone for their input too. Thank You. The following pics are from...

http://pardo.net/bike/pic/fail-001/FAIL-121.html

The forks in these pics are identical in design to mine. And mine are at least 12yrs old. I checked the date in one of my pics and it was from 2008. Chickenball, Thank you.

Attachments

• Sibex 1.jpg
    Sibex 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 495
  • Sibex 2.jpg
    Sibex 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 495
My guess is that there are a lot of these design of ti forks - because if you've got some titanium tubing it is probably one of the easier designs you could go with. As one of the posters upthread says they look like On-One's steel fork - although I'd be surprised if they did a 1inch titanium fork. I have a similar titanium fork from an eastern european company now called Wittson (then 4-t). They have given many years of good service (and...ahem...out lasted the frame they came with).

Back