Univega Alpina 5.4

Re:

What a shame, don't see an awful lot of univega's around either, At least it looks like there are some salvageable parts on it.

RBG

Re:

ah such a shame!

ive just finished mine...

i've attached a pic

Attachments

• uni1.jpg
    uni1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 729
:D Pretty upset about this especially as it took me ages to get around to building it or looking at it (newborn in between starting this thread and recent developments).

There's some salvageable parts and with my Saracen obtained last year I wasn't desperate for a bike, I've just always fancied a decent steel univega as there aren't many around.

I'm sure something else will turn up this year for me to fettle with

Looks like it might have some of the original bits on it - canti brakes, non compact triple, etc. I'd guess at a dx drivetrain.

Looks quite well looked after - ought to make a good tourer/commuter if it's the right size for you.

marekskoczylas":20mtlsih said:
Looks like it might have some of the original bits on it - canti brakes, non compact triple, etc. I'd guess at a dx drivetrain.

Looks quite well looked after - ought to make a good tourer/commuter if it's the right size for you.
Almost completely original I believe but sadly frame is scrap...

I might be persuaded to part with my Univega frame. Its a biggie though at 20".

Just frame/ forks/ post - the rest will be going on another frame.

file.php

legrandefromage":2n20fc7u said:
Yeah that could well go cheap. They do tend to be good value for money, often ignored for some reason. That ones pick up only and miles from me though so unlikely to bid.

Thanks for the offer of yours. Going to have a think and decide what to do.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back